UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
broomhilda61

Error Messages

Starting to get fed up...I am getting things like quote

Object Error an error occured  in object "N004_USER 00254-Matthew #262 Error: Slot number out of range the stack trace is saved in "C:/users/Broomhilda/Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 Double Deluxe/Logs/Object Error_N004_t125203.txt"

with Jessica as well and other error messages...

in the past I would go dig around in my download folders to find the problem but if I do that now I won't be able to play this challenge...

chooses when this pops up are delete, reset, something else...I don't know it is almost 2 am so time for bed see you all later...

I haven't seen Karen on here lately I hope she is ok

I am alive and well.... :icon_hug: I tried to play the game yesterday and couldn`t get it to work. I did delete the cache file, but it still won`t open.

We are celebrating your return. :366915:

Try taking out your downloads folder and see if the game loads up ok without it.
Just move the whole folder to your desktop.
If it loads ok without it then you've got a bad download and you'll have to start sorting through them by putting only a handful of the files back in at a time to find the problem file.

I have had to do this a few times.

Glad to see you up and about, Karen!   :AF1ChickenKip003:

Sam. I've had that same error message before, and it is always a corrupt file.

I would run your Downloads folder through Clean installer. But do like Nonni said first!

Don't you dare give up on the challenge...we will get this issue fixed!  

I am glad you are well...I told Nonni yesterday I haven't seen Karen hope she is ok..had us all worried girl...don't scare us like that again :smiley:

Thanks Nonni and Lisa

Sorry Nonni after we talked I finished making Potato Salad for tomorrows BBQ and then took a nap...

Oh I am sorry, I didn't mean to scare anyone. I'm working constantly on the quilt and I forget to even use the laptop. I get like this from time to time. I start something new and I forget about anything else.....even housework.... :oops:

We are happy to see you again,Karen! :grin:

I was pretty much time offline...in my country(maybe in others too) the pupils in the second class, fourth class and sixth class have an national exam. Pretty sadly for me, I'm in the sixth class(or 6th grade in english I don't know),and I must be prepared,but for now I'll live my life,as the exam is in June.

I'm pretty lucky with the game anyway.It is playable just on the low graphics settings with or without downloads(my download folder is a bit large,like 127 MB).

Anyway my mother promised me she'll buy a new computer in summer,maybe one that supports all the TS2 EPs(yes even my mom plays sims 2,too :cheesy: ).

As Nonni said,you should move your downloads folder on the desktop and see if the game works ok.And sorry for repeating you,again,Nonni! :ROLF:

Praying you do well on your exams, Stefy...and yes, here in the US my best friend's daughter is in the same grade as you and taking her exams too. 

I hope your Mom is able to buy a computer so that you can both play and enjoy the game better.   :smiley:

I removed my downloads folder, deleted the "cache" and still nothing. The game never even starts up at all.  I can't mess around with this laptop, it's the only one we have.

I know this is an old post but it relates to the same thing...just recently I added some download stuff..so went back to the 10th of this month and that is the day things started happening so took out all downloads from that date..and still getting this

Object id: 299
name: N165_User00711 - Nebula
Stack size: 8
Error: You sent me a crappy GUID, please fix it.
Problem executing script (SocialTestConstants): Run-time:
Object Error running script!
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function `GetNumConstantsWithGuid'
    (none): in function `SocialTestConstants'

and these

Object id: 16
name: N004_User00037 - Sake
Stack size: 6
Error: Reference to tree table entry that does not exist.
Iterations: 113
  Frame 5:
    Stack Object id: 16
    Stack Object name: N004_User00037 - Sake

and several from different people or animals it's mostly from the animals..just thought of something I didn't take out the visitor controller I have a feeling that is it...so  took it out going to try this again...

I don't know what a tree table entry is..???

Well that is what it was the visitor controller...why is it giving me these error messages..now I have everyone going by the house and the vampire leaving the Sue's Secret Kitchen right at dark...

I have no clue what any of that means. You installed that Ultimate Collection from Origin? I'm starting to think I don't want it at all. I'm going to stick to my CD's.

I still remember the fallout from SecuROM and I haven't truly trusted EA since then.

I'm sorry you are having so many problems. :Empathy:

No Karen I went back to my disks..go ahead and get it just in case something happens to your disks..I stopped using it when it took all my downloads and my neighborhood that I created..

I downloaded things like the visitor controller and a few others things and something is not working together...I just had another error so went back in to see what I had missed took them out and going back in and see what happens...

I don't know why I do this to myself..until 2010 when I found the Sims2 forums I had no idea about CC..sometimes I wish I had never found it... I trust EA/Origin it's most everyone else that I don't trust have so many people out there that don't know what they are doing and do all these things with CC, mods, whatever then you tend to trust them then all of a sudden nothing is working right...The only people I really trust is here on Affinity...but not everything is here on Affinity so you have to go to other places...

Well back at it..took a few more things out so go back and see if that worked...Wish I had a way of putting my download folder on here and have everyone go through it and see what is good and bad...

:smiley: smiles and hugs :1hug:  everyone

Maybe try Delphy's download Organizer, I use that when I can't figure out what something is.

I also have this sub-folder in my downloads folder named" New". Anything I add to my game goes in there first. If it causes a problem I know right away.

It's also why I use the Collection Maker, I add a room set at a time, in the new folder it goes and I'll know right away if it's ok or not.

I learned never to add more than one set or if it was just a single CC at a time.

Walls were the worst, in the beginning I'd just throw in a whole slew of new ones and that was a nightmare to find a bad file.

My downloads folder has an awful lot of sub-folders, each room set is a sub-folder.

I have a "Build" subfolder and that is where I have folders for stairs, fences and gates, walls, floors, doors and windows....

My collections go in a sub-folder aptly named "collections" :slapLaugh:

My body shop folder :ROLF: yeah it has sub-folders, male hair, female hair, makeup, eyes, skin tone, clothing meshes and my outfits are properly sorted into age category along with what it is, underwear, swim wear etc.

I declare myself the Queen of sub-folders. :ROLF:

I don't know how to take pictures of what I am talking about, wish I did so I could show you.

Oh :1doh1:  there is a hack detection thing that shows you if you have hacks that are incompatible.

I just happened again..If I have to delete this town and start over I will throw this computer out the window...I have taken everything out from the 10th when this all started...I have so many subfolders within subfolders...

Not going to play the game for a while going to work on that website...getting frustrated to the point of no return on playing...

Went outside and watched 2 2" snails cross the sidewalk and got to thinking...it is only the cats and dogs that are doing this error message when they come around...not the humans..so is there something out there that will stop the animals from coming around..going to go look on Simbology and see what they have...

I am now so thankful of my games. The only errror I got, from Sims 2, was crashes that stop the game and say "The application has crashed. The application will now terminate." It was because of bad CC too. I don't know how stuff from some creators were crashing my game. Then I stopped downloading new stuff.

However, I'm very happy I've never had a crash or a problem with Sims 3. I think because I play it no CC (ok some store content). :grin:

Ah, if I was able to give that error a punch in the face. :slapLaugh:

The visitor controller might be conflicting with something else.

Oh :1doh1:  there is a hack detection thing that shows you if you have hacks that are incompatible.

Do you have the Hack Conflict Detection Utility?

I love my TwoJeffs Visitor Controller but it may not be workable in some people's game.

I don't believe it's the visitor controller - you have something in your game on that particular lot that is causing a conflict.  The first log is referencing an object.  Also, are you playing in debug mode (meaning do you have boolpropTestingCheatsEnabled true on?)   Other than the visitor controller, have you added any mods? What objects did you download and are they modded or hacked objects (do any of these object change the way the game operates?) Is this lot a residence or community lot?

The Hack Detector is an absolute must for anyone using custom content. Sometimes it's not an hack or mod causing the error it can be an object that is outdated or has a guild conflict..

Hack Detector Utility: http://www.paladins-place.org/main.htm

The only problem is that the Hack Detector won't detect a mod that is outdated.  That's what it sounds like to me that she has.  Don't get me wrong the Hack Detector is a must have, I'm just afraid it won't help with her issue.

It's not your computer Hilda, it is a bad global mod.

Do you keep your global mods in one folder Hilda?

Global Mods will show in Clean Installer with red lines.

post-12-0-12510500-1408185074_thumb.jpg

aaah.... I missed the part about it only happening with cats and dogs...hmmm (scratchin' my head)...

The one that has the bad guid error, could actually be any type of object.  

The Error: Reference to tree table entry that does not exist. is the error I am pretty sure comes from an outdated global mod.  I can't be positive though.

The hack conflict program should be run anytime one adds a global mod to their downloads, and is an excellent suggestion LilSister.  

This discussion certainly helps me feel more secure. I feel like I am actually beginning to understand Beck's and LilSister's explanations. Thank you, ladies. :icon_hug:

I ran that hack Conflict Detector and it is saying nothing is wrong...so I don't know...I took everything out that I had added from the 10th..that is when everything started...I am just going to work on my website for a while until this frustration is out of my system and before I do something stupid...going with John to Wal Mart and the kids and get them School Clothes..here in about an hour...

May take some other things out from the 8th and start from there...I don't know what are mods, hacks I just see what is on here (links) read what it is don't really understand it and what you guys are using and I get it..I figure if you all are using it then it has to be safe for me right..I have moved the lot to the other side of the neighborhood but it is just the animals like Sake, 3 others can't remember their names...

Thanks everyone for all your help...will read everyone's posts a bit slower later...need to be ready when John gets home..going to go check on Frances and the kids now...

hugs and smiles everyone :1hug::smiley:

I'm pretty sure hacks and mods show up as red in Clean Installer. I have every hack or mod in one single sub-folder, not scattered in other sub-folders. The one and only exception I made was for my gardening hacks. I have a sub-folder for "Harvestable Plants" and the mods for gardening are in with those plants.

The thing with hacks and mods is that if you have one from a long time ago, and then you get a new one, the new one might not be compatible with an older hack and they may have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with each other.

With a few exceptions the only hacks or mods I have in my game were made by Pescado at MATY. I have Rebeca's of course and some from Squinge, but for the most part I tend to be very wary of newer hacks.

That is why I kept telling you about that one folder I have called "New". Anything new put in there, and only do one thing at a time. Then go in game and see what it does or if it has an effect on what else you have. If it's going to mess something up, you know exactly where it is and you can remove it very fast. No more hunting things down.

Also we all have different things in our games, so what works in one person's game may not work in someone else's game. Most of the mods and hacks I have are older ones which is why I am leery of installing new ones.

I know but I figured if I know the date that I downloaded it then it would be easy to take out...

Now I am still not understanding what a mod and hack is...sorry everyone for being a pain in the rear end... :embarrassed:

I am sorry Rebecah I didn't see where you asked if I kept the mods in one folder..no, because I don't really know what is a mod or hack..like your mod for the toddlers/kitten/puppy for the staircases go in the folder for the stairs and things like that..

Mods and hacks show up as RED when you check your downloads using Clean Installer.

Go here... MTS2

There are 3 sections, Global Mods, Object Mods and Config Mods. 

Global Mods are mods that run in the background that modify game play in ALL lots without player intervention.

Object Mods are individual objects with customized pie menues and options. { to me this is a hack}

Config Mods are modified configuration files that are not packages. {ok this one confuses me, you actually have to go to MTS2 and go in that section and see the stuff}

Here  Insimenator...Squinge's Mods, but he doesn't actually make them anymore. Many of them are probably outdated.

MATY this is what they call their "Hack" section.

I am having trouble thinking of how to explain the difference between a mod and a hack, my brain is very tired tonight.

"Basically a hack is when you change the game to what you can do as the player, but a mod is when you change the game itself."--{from google search for the difference between hacks and mods}

So...to my way of thinking, Squinge has hacks for dressers to let pregnant women wear any outfit they want.

My "perfect gardens" is a more of a mod than a hack. It affects ALL gardens in ALL lots.

I have a coffee maker that can top out all my Sims need, that is a hack. It's a hack because if I don't have that particular coffee maker in the house I don't have the options on any other coffee maker, just that one.

:searching smiley: I've been bopping here and there searching for answers for you.

Becks, InfantNoPuke is a mod, not a hack.

Try  HERE it's a pretty good informative place to find answers for the game.