• Announcements

• Rebecah

Registration   06/19/2016

If you are unable to login to the site please re-register.  Our member table had some issues and any member who has never posted in the forums or made comments was removed. There is no reason to register if you do not intend to participate in some way.   A membership is not required to read the forums or download the files. Thank you for your patience and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.
    • Rebecah

Themes   06/19/2016

Members you are able to set your own theme preference.  At the bottom of the page, you should find an option that says "Theme" click the down arrow and select the theme of your choice. I have found that some themes are causing problems so I have removed several of them.  If there was one you really liked please let me know.
    • gayars

Tumblr   06/29/2016

We now have a Tumblr! If you are a Tumblr user, or just like to browse Tumblr for sims info, please join us at Affinity-Sims and keep up with all the latest downloads and announcements!
    • MaAlet

Memory Book for Nonni   08/07/2016

Nonni's family has graciously asked us to participate in a memory book. They would appreciate members of the Sims Community being a part of this very special book. Those who want to participate, post your messages here and your messages will be added to Nonni's Memory Book.
    • Rebecah

Downloads   08/12/2016

Downloads are now available.  I believe I have all of the files back online.
Marbi

Marbi's Sims 2 Game

158 posts in this topic

I thought it would be better to start my own thread so I can have an ongoing story with my pics - because there will probably be a lot of them. :grin:

I visited Dotty and Adrian Stratton at the same time as Dotty's mother came over to congratulate her for the newborn baby, David. Babies are always so cute especially when they sleep.

e2da01d6-09b9-4dc5-886d-07d7d2c05670_zps1120cc81-a17c-402d-a050-9711a747afb6_zps

It is time for David's birthday, he will now be a toddler. Dotty really enjoys playing with David and of course he is happy too.

8f6d36b4-b029-4cc6-9a4b-4ccf761ad873_zpsdb11d94b-7e55-403e-afbc-da496d784c1e_zps

Adrian is tucking in David when he comes home late from work. He works so much he doesn't have much time to spend with him during the day. Dotty's sister Beatrice visits and play with David when both parents are at work.

d4b5b9ad-7fc1-4596-afd6-d99919b38d73_zps494e724b-81a1-4aba-9cd7-e8f89bc94642_zps

Adrian and Dotty is trying to get another baby and it seems like she is pregnant again. Dotty is so hungry all the time. She calls for chinese food so she will get food fast but however much she gobbles down the food, she is still hungry.

ac254fff-4e6e-4f6f-bc25-55c05aa2cb9d_zpsea3cf99d-73b9-4210-84cd-83df404bd48c_zps

When Beatrice hears that Dotty is pregnant for the second time, she visits her sister again to congratulate and give her a big hug. David became a child so quick that the family missed to celebrate the birthday. Here he is, taking a quick snack before he goes to school the first schoolday.

e1aa52e5-74f2-477a-99fa-54f933868bba_zpsbeadc683-d729-43c5-b7ee-22ffed0d609a_zps

6 people like this

I thought it would be better to start my own thread so I can have an ongoing story with my pics - because there will probably be a lot of them. :grin:

That is a wonderful idea. I am so pleased that you are enjoying playing again!

2 people like this

Good idea to start your own thread, Marbi! I love this update on what's going on in your game! Thank you!  :dancing smiley:

3 people like this

Great idea Marbi...Cute family and they look very happy...David is going to grow up to be a very happy person and a great parent himself it looks like as his parents look like they are great parents... :smiley:

4 people like this

This is a great idea...I love this family!

I enjoy it when people share their game play...it makes me want to play more myself.  :grin:

5 people like this

Thank you all. I haven't been playing much before but now I think it's fun. Maybe you remember that Dotty is one of Don's children, the one he got together with Christy Stratton, and I will tell the other childrens story too.

5 people like this

A handsome family......

Looking forward to more 

4 people like this

Thank you. It seems that I don't have time with this story now that I am doing the Homestead challenge, so it will have to wait.

4 people like this

It seems that I don't have time with this story now that I am doing the Homestead challenge, so it will have to wait.

I know what you mean, but it is so much fun playing the Homestead Challenge, I don't want to do anything else. Sometimes I am playing HC and I forget to get screenshots. :cheesy:

3 people like this

I started this thread to tell my Sims 2 story but it has been so much going on in real life this last year that I haven't played much until recently.

This time I want to start the story by telling how the families are connected and also start with Don Lothario, because he is ground zero.

Don had a lot of affairs before he settled down. He never married but he lived his last years with Christy Stratton (the maid) and they had a daughter, Dotty. Dotty married Adrian (a sim made by me) and they have a child, David.

Before he met Christy, Don had an affair with Cassandra and they had a daughter, Beatrice. Beatrice married Clarence and they have three kids, Corinne, Chris and Belinda. Belinda is married to Jared.

Then he had an affair with Dina Caliente. They also had a daughter, Donna. Donna married Alvin and they have a son, Daniel. Don also had an affair with Nina Caliente. They had a son, Donny.

Cassandra married Ethan and they got a daughter, Celia. They also adopted four kids, Amin, Amin (yes the same name and I don't know why, blame the game), Alon and Arcadia. They are young adults but have no family of their own yet.

snapshot_60388fbf_a3f74111_zpsznvjie2u.j

From the left and down Celia, Ethan, Amin, Alon (in the sofa), from the right and down Cassandra, Amin and Arcadia.

Christy married Leo after Don had died. They have no kids but they hav a dog, Darling.

snapshot_adae8020_03f73f36_zpsqdfhordg.j

4 people like this

Pleasantview has such a sorted backstory; this must make gameplay very interesting and lots of fun. Don was a very busy man :grin:. Darling is so cute. :1hug: I'm looking forward to learning more about this family. Thank you Marbi.

4 people like this

Thank you LilSister. Here are some more about the caracters I am playing. Diana (daughter of Dina and Mortimer Goth) and Donna (daughter of Dina and Don Lothario) is visiting their mother and having a good time together with her and Joel. They have been swimming in the pool so thats why they have so little clothes on. :)

38568d03-eae5-4906-82f9-2150e9132581_zps

Donna and her husband Alvin is having a good time playing with their son Daniel (Don Lothario's grandchild).

9b817d24-5492-4d41-90cd-8c459be22e2a_zps

Diana and her husband Brian (Brandi Broke's son) is very much in love. They don't have any kids yet but they have a cat.

e65df0c8-1d0a-400f-b7ce-fbe938e1de65_zps

Dina and Ralph had a visit by Donny (Don's and Nina's son) that came over for dinner. He is a very handsom young man.

0988cac3-8810-4dce-900c-b49172027116_zps

4 people like this

This is a very interesting way to play the game, Marbi.   Isn't it hard to keep tract of whose kid is whose? The only in-game family I ever played with is the Broke family; and then only till their problems were sorted out   And I gave each of them a total makeover  :grin:

Thank you for your lovely pictures. I'm looking forward to see how this family developed.

3 people like this

I love this style of gameplay using a premade family and building on... I want to try this myself, but will need to write notes to keep track!

I think what's most appealing is that all other simmers can relate to these beloved characters because they are in everyone's game but few ever really play them to learn of their potential to develop into sims with depth....even naughty Don who sure has lots of grand kids in his old age!

4 people like this

Pleasantview has always been such an interesting neighborhood! With such interesting back stories! You are definitely continuing in the spirit of the neighborhood, with Don and his "romantic" ways  :) How often do you have to check the family trees to see how everyone is related lol. 

3 people like this

It is hard to remember so I have to check the family tree a lot. :) I do enjoy playing this way but it is hard to spend just enough time with each family to bring them forward in the same pace.

4 people like this

Here we have Jared Caliente (son of Nina and Ralph) and his wife Belinda. Jumping on the bed is Isaiah, Jared's little brother. Nina and Ralph were not capable to take care of him so he moved in with Jared and Belinda.

1d943c17-5083-46bb-838b-e583737481fb_zps

In this picture you can see Donny Caliente (Nina and Don's son) and his wife Abbey and their daughter Celia.

826b48fb-f8fd-4fe6-9da7-fe2f1a185788_zps

4 people like this

Thanks so much, Marbi, for sharing your in-game pics and filling out the history.

3 people like this

How do you keep them all figured out? I've so missed Sims stories, thank you for sharing this. It's so interesting to me to see how other people play the game. :icon_hug:

4 people like this

Thank you for the nice comments. After I had posted these photos I got unsure about having things under control. :) I have to check if Jared really is the son of Nina and Ralph because one note said so but another note I had made said otherwise. Thats me, very confused all the time.

4 people like this

Checked it out and Jared is the son of Nina and Ralph. Belinda, his wife, is the child of Beatrice Goth and Clarence. Beatric is the child of Cassandra Goth and Don Lothario. No wonder that I am confused. :)

4 people like this

Well Pleasantview IS a veritable soap opera anyway!

3 people like this

So here we have Beatrice (daughter of Cassandra Goth and Don Lothario), her husband Clarence and their children Chris and Corinne. Their firstborn child, Belinda, is a grownup and she has moved out and started her own family.

82a5db05-7522-4a35-bf2b-537e95ecfeec_zps

3 people like this

Next family to present to you is Abbey and Donny Caliente (Nina and Don's son). They are having some collegues from work over for dinner. You can se Abbey to the left, Donny in a grey suit and behind Donny their daughter Celia in her chair.

snapshot_a0387b79_a402842f_zpslfirtpaz.j

4 people like this