UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
ranabluu

Wall Decal/stencil

Hi all,

I am looking for a wall sticker/stencil/decal tutorial.  I need it to be broken down beyond Barney-style.  I would like for it to have pictures.  I posted a WCIF at SimCave and was directed to object recoloring, I followed the instructions but no wall sticker was produced.  If anyone could help I would be forever grateful.   :Smiley10-1: Thanks!

Happy Simming,

Ranabluu

I am looking. I am pretty sure I saw something on MTS2 that might fit your needs. It might take me a while, a lot of areas I need to check.

Karen I have all the time in the world.  I have searched many places.  It was one at BPS but of course the pictures aren't there and the original poster hasn't been on in a while.  Now that's the story of my life showing up late to the sims party. :police:

I spent hours searching and came up empty. I think on Wikipedia there are the tutorials that used to be on MTS2. My eyes are aching so I'll try again tomorrow.

When I did the Decals, I just cloned a Maxis Painting without a frame and recoloured it. 

Hope this help 

@MaAlet so if I am understanding what you are saying is that you just grab any Maxis painting and create the lovely decals? :shocked:  So um how does that work?   :searching smiley:

With a wall decal.

Something from SimplyStyling/Jope, Just take the texture file, delete the graphic or erase it then add your own.

Merge the layers.

DO NOT flatten them.

Then save.

Another option would be, aikea guinea two tile wall writing or half height wall writing. The texture file(s) actually have a guide build in (sort of).

Delete or erase the graphic already on there.

Add a layer

add your graphic

merge layers 

DO NOT flatten

then save.

Yes thanks I will try that, but if you didn't read my op I am slow so it seems and sounds easy but I have a problem with easy.  I like complicated for whatever reasons.  I blame the military.

I like complicated also, makes you think. And, I was never in the military.

I just remembered, in the two tile and half height wall writings, there's a grey border, make sure your image doesn't go over that. You have to work within the confines of that space. 

Rana, I posted at your forum, now that I know what kind of help you needed on a wall stencil mesh from sims2cri. I tested it and if you wish, I can send you png pics I made for you to "train" in SimPE on this mesh. I hope that out there at your forum my reply is clear enough for you. Thanks for reading there and hugs. :)

Hello everyone.  I am still trying to figure this out.  What a sad case?

Here's an update.  I understand everything up to getting my image on another image.  I suppose my problem is not being familiar with a image editing tool.  I will look at tutorials on how how to use GIMP.  I have photoshop somewhere but my computer died earlier this year so I just turned it into an external hard drive and put a new harddrive into the computer.  .....Anyway I was able to follow some tutorials and created a picture the only problem is/was it had the white back ground instead of looking transparent.  So that's where I am at the moment.  I have real life stuff to do today (boooo) like buy food, do laundry, clean out car, get gas.  You know normal adult stuff but I wanted to thank everyone for helping me and hopefully I can figure stuff out.