UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Rebecah

How To Create A Clean Game

If you are having problems with your game, for any reason try this.

Rename your folder under your documents/EA Games  (Right click on the folder named The Sims 2)  select the rename option.

post-12-0-95073300-1401462819_thumb.jpg

Rename it whatever you like.  I renamed mine by adding a -1.

post-12-0-99586300-1401462820_thumb.jpg

Start your game.  It will take awhile as it is generating new game files.

post-12-0-09138900-1401462818_thumb.jpg

Once it has started go into a neighborhood, and select the asterisk.

post-12-0-94702400-1401462816_thumb.jpg

Tick enable custom content and then click the OK button.

post-12-0-01214400-1401462812_thumb.jpg

Exit the game and install some Custom Content.  Don't go overboard, try to find the things that maybe causing your game issues.

You now have a clean game to use for testing new things or whatever your need is.  Maybe your external body shop was no longer working, with the clean game install it should now work fine.  

You are not losing anything, whenever you want to go back to your old game files, just rename the clean one to something different, like maybe -2 added to the end of the name, then rename the original back to The Sims 2.

This also, works for Sims 3 game, except the game files are found under the folder Electronic Arts.

I will try this and let you know what happens. Oh, but let me ask you this.  By Renaming my game, will I LOSE my games and families I have?  Ohhh, never mind.  You have already answered my question above.  Thanks so much Rebecah.  I really appreciate your help. :Empathy:

You don't lose anything.  All of your things will still be in the folder your renamed.  To get them back you just rename it back, when you are done using the clean game.  My second to the last sentence in the first post explains this a bit better.

This is a great help and I learned a new trick from it. Thanks, Beck!

You could also, rename the EA Games folder, but I didn't use that one as some people may have other EA Games installed.

Just asking,you don't lose anything.I understood this.

But you don't lose the custom content you have in game?

Good trick anyway. So,if it isn't the right place to ask that just announce me.

I have all the EPs up to BV,it works ok,but if I try to put medium or high graphic seettings it starts to crash. :(

Is it because of my video card?

Your custom content is still in the folder that I have you rename, under the downloads folder within your The Sims 2-1\Downloads.  Your saved games are also still there under \The Sims 2-1\Neighborhoods.  It most likely is your video card causing it.  If you create a clean game and you still have the crashing issue, then I would say yes.  

You really should not have to uninstall or reinstall the actual game.  In most cases issues with the game are within this folder ../Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/.  It's pretty rare to have the actual game files become corrupt, unless you make changes to those files.  (The files under your Program Files folder just to be clear.).

One lesson I learned a long time ago was, anytime you download stuff, put it/them in a separate folder inside your Downloads folder..  Name it anything you want. and if the game crashes, you'll know exactly where to go. This way you don't have to wade through all those package files trying to find the culprit(s). 

Learned that the hard way.