UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
Stefy

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection!

Info&Facts here:http://simscommunity.net/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-info-facts/

Finally EA remembers about TS2.

For those who purchased at least one of the sims 2 games on origin should now have TS2 Ultimate collection in their my games library.

TS2 Ultimate collection has included ALL the EP's and SPs!

Unfortunately I'm not egible for it. But hope to help other simmers!! :grin:

Stefy I owe you big time..THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU I was able to get that collection...I have most of them as expansion packs where there are more than 1 game on a disc...and I didn't have the original sims2 just the Double Deluxe how I have the Sims2...

You are the best...I wasn't going to get on the computer today feeling like junk still...but I am glad I did..

I owe you big time girl... :smiley_happy107:

That's what happens when you stay all the day at the computer and search information. You just find it :ROLF:

I am glad I helped you Sam! :icon_hug:

This is really nice of you to share this info, Stefy...Unfortunately for me, I bought all my TS2 games and never registered them because I didn't have internet back then!  :1doh1:

I checked out the origin link, and you cannot register the game anymore since the TS2 site is gone... The only stuff packs I do not have is mansions and gardens and fun with pets and the holiday one...I do have the pets expansion and the seasons expansion though. So, just like you.... I can't get this, but it is nice that people can...I hope EA does this for TS3 too once TS4 takes over and they shut down the TS3 site! 

:Good_Post.jpg:

I am sorry Stefy and Lisa that you can't register your Sims2 games and get the Collections...

Was wondering though do I need to uninstall the ones I have before I install the Collections..???

I don't think you must unistall them...

Lisa, I cannot get the collection too. Wanted to register to the TS2 site but it shut down...and I got my games on torrent... :smiley:

I just got an email about this Collection..

You still can register your games..here is the copy of what was in the email...

Therese Jensen commented on The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - Info & Facts!.

in response to simsfan5555:

Origin is giving out The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to people who have at least 1 The Sims 2 Game registered on their Origin Account. If you

guess what I just got in an email here goes for even you Stefy and Lisa and anyone else that don't have any Sims2 games registered...

Update: Origin just made The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available for everyone until the end of July, 2014! All you need to do is redeem the I-LOVE-THE-SIMS code on Origin and you

Oh my goodness SAM THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! :366915:

SO MUCH SO MUCH SO MUCH!!!! :love:  :happyhappy:  :appl2: 

THANK YOU SAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Peek-A-Boo: :birthday smiley: :ExcitedSmiley:

Is this a digital file? I mean can you buy it as a disc from a store, or does it have to be downloaded?

What is different from this that some of us don't have if we have all of the game and stuff packs?

My games are registered, but not with Origin.....

I am asking because of the fall-out with the SecuRom and I can't have that on this laptop.

Karen your games don't have to be registered now but you only have till the end of the month to get this free...if you have them all I would still get it just in case one of yours get broken or lost or whatever...I got it...and have it downloaded and it is working fine for me..I did lose the challenge neighborhood by doing it somehow..that is why I haven't been playing..

yes it is digital I put a link on the other post to get the code..grab it before the end of the month...

So there is nothing new in this? I have all the stuff already because I have all the CD's?

I'm really stupid here, does this mean when you play you are on-line?

I posted a topic here on my experience after installing UC. To reply again :

- Yes you have to uninstall all your previous Sims 2 BG, EPs, SPs

- UC is only digital

There are a few minor changes and what annoyed me is that I didn't find a newly created neighbourhood in the program files > Origina Games > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. Now there will be a Neighborhoods folder in Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection - between Music and Paintings for me.

SimPE runs fine but will shout when you go to the system check or so : it can't find the path to the usual EA Games > The Sims 2 in program files, can't fine sims2.exe. But there's nothing to worry about, SimPE finds the path to the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in the section where all EPs, SPs are listed. I guess it's what matters.

I tested recolouring Maxis objects, custom objects and it works. Bodyshop works as well, also to create projects to retexture. DDO and Sims2Pack Clean Installer also work. And Homecrafter Plus is just fine.

If you have some issues, perhaps a good thing is to go and detect Sims 2 icons in the new UC folder in program files, right click, see properties and set compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 2. At least I always did so and I'm still under Windows 7 today.

Info&Facts here:http://simscommunity.net/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-info-facts/

Finally EA remembers about TS2.

For those who purchased at least one of the sims 2 games on origin should now have TS2 Ultimate collection in their my games library.

TS2 Ultimate collection has included ALL the EP's and SPs!

Unfortunately I'm not egible for it. But hope to help other simmers!! :grin:

Stefy you are eligible to get it.

All you have to do is install Origin and:

1. Not an Origin member? Create a free Origin Account to get in the game.
  2. Launch Origin and log into your Origin Account.
  3. From the

Karen I would get them..what happens when one or more of your disc breaks you can't get another one..just get it you don't have to download it yet..you never know when you will need it...I try and think ahead..again I want to thank Stefy for the heads up on this... :smiley:

I don't think so....I am the only one in my house who plays the game, so I am the only one who handles the CD's. Since I don't use the CD to play the game there is little to no chance of anything happening to any of my CD's.

I still have all of my Sims 1 CD's and not a scratch on any of them.

I am leary of downloading things like this, I think it's my age.... :blush:

I don't like registering at places very much, I'm not comfortable pretty much any place but here.

Sometimes what I say doesn't come out right and I've had enough of being made fun of. Here I feel comfortable even when I am goofy.

I am sorry Karen..I wasn't making fun of you...and now I feel like dirt......I just love how sometimes things come out funny but now I am thinking they weren't funny to you...so I am soooo sorry for laughing at some of the things you do...I really feel bad now.. :embarrassed:

Now I'm totally with that Collection but would anyway keep the CD copies for my daughter, in case she would like to play again the Sims 2.

I'm still under Windows 7. I'm a bit scared of Windows 8, as some reported issues with it for S2 and possibly S3.I also always played with a PC having a hardrive (? not sure how to call it in English), meaning it's not a laptop. I would like to get Sims 4 as well but will wait what the new players would say about it on their gaming experience, before purchasing. Sims 4 is planned to be downloaded from Origin and also with a product code and connection to Internet is part of the official requirements recently published. I fear that in the next years getting a game in physical CD or DVD format will be some kind of obsolete.

I am afraid to upgrade lol...I still have Vista and I like it...put my name in for the Sims4 Demo..see what happens...

I am taking my cd's to my grave :slapLaugh: nobody in my family wants to listen to me talk about my Sims2 :ROLF: but the collection will be on the computer so I will see who wins the fight over the computer and see if anyone will play the game..all this from my grave lol.. :slapLaugh:

Broomhilda, I'm 50 of age, not so old. I'm not afraid of Internet and all now virtual. Right it's often too much to handle. But once I had to buy a digital copy of the last Sims 2 SP  because the CD was damaged and I got an error message saying that it's an invalid copy. So I had no other choice.

I'm not a video games freak and Sims 2 is all I like because it's fully customisable and creative (as I recolour, retexture most clothes, jewels, etc.). So this game keeps me creative and I spend many hours browsing iInternet to find clothes pics and such, then crop with my digital program, improve my skills to add details on an outfit (small peices of lace, pearls, buttons for a shirt, etc.). I wish I could mesh but Milkshape doesn't like me and I tried hard even three months ago to try adding sexy shoes to some clothes meshes but I just failed hard.

If the game didn't offer the possibility for us to customise, I would have left it aside already from the early days, because the game itself when you know how it works with families, careers, etc. it might become very boring at the end. People creating spend more time now creating than playing the actual game. But it keeps the Sims 2 alive, thanks to creators of SimPE, CEP, Milkshape mainly.

I hope tha tthe Sims 4 would be a good mix of Sims 2 and Sims 3 and what is important to me is to have in the near future high quality CC for Bodyshop - for which it's above all for the Sims 2 (sorry but Sims 3 custom outfits and make up scares me away... and reminds me of Second Life pixel stuff).

I wasn't much into video games at all until Sims2 then I was hooked..I am not much for change in the last few yrs..so when Sims3 came out omgosh I did not like it at all..well I can't say that I liked some of it where you could follow the Sim around town but other than that the building the house no didn't like that and the Sims they all look alike round faces and such...so am hoping they are more of the Sims2 with very little of the Sims3 with this Sims4...I don't know how to create anything..don't know where to even start with like the SimPE and things like that...I just take the Sims in CAS or the bodyshop and change things around a bit and that is my way of making my own sim...

for the houses I tend to make them all the same big and roomy..

am in the process in making a Sims2 website and am struggling with that because I am soooo computer stupid... :grin: but am bound and determined to get that going... :smiley:

Keep trying with the meshes sooner or later it will hit you hard that you did it... :smiley_happy107:  then you will realize ok what did I just do :ROLF: then you have to start over again because you couldn't remember what all you did to get it right :slapLaugh: