UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
Stefy

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection!

I was really not attracted to the Sims 3 and still today. I like though some build and objects now converted for the Sims 2 but for the clothing... Oh my goodness it can be horrible and the pudding face... I fear that Sims of Sims 4 will have more of Sims 3 Sims on the face but in CAS or whatever it will be called there are many possibilities.

I don't like simsecret LiveJournal for many reasons but yesterday there was a post there about the old simming days, saying that at the beginning we had no paysites war (true), not very sexy shoes on clothes, the hair looked flat on many meshes, etc. I miss those days when sterlingsims was still a very active forum - I'm still there but registrations are now disabled and nobody posts anymore.

With the many Sims I made myself, the clothing textures and so on, a few object recolours, it would be too dumb to leave the Sims 2 for good. I know a few who abandoned the Sims 2, made the great move to Sims 3, even trying to recreate their Sims 2 Sims into S3 (I guess it was a hassle lol !).

I might still be ready to play again with just a minimum of CC for lots. Basically the Maxis objects take me back to my starting experiences of the game and they were great times with my daughter, husband, trying to share the same computer when we still didn't have Internet connection. I don't know how many Sim families I played with in the old days but there were a bunch !

Did any of you actually download the TS2 Ultimate collection?

I did download it Alet.  I also, added it to my EA account that I had not purchases any Sims 2 games.  I have two separate EA accounts, but my Sims 2 is an old email account.  

I would get it and am tempted to get it, but I don't want to lose my present game.

I also had a very first EA account to register the first CDs but after we changed our computer some years ago I didn't save the passwords and one E-mail add was gone too. But now at Origin all is fine for me.

Nonni I would at least add it to your purchased game, you don't have to install it, or download it.

I am sorry Karen..I wasn't making fun of you...and now I feel like dirt......I just love how sometimes things come out funny but now I am thinking they weren't funny to you...so I am soooo sorry for laughing at some of the things you do...I really feel bad now.. :embarrassed:

I know you weren't making fun of me, I never meant that. I was trying to explain why I don't go to other forums.

Here sometimes I am poking fun at me and I love it when other people find it funny.(Cause it is funny!) Elsewhere that has not been what I experienced.

Other times, with other stuff I post, I do think that I am funny and I like making people laugh, so stop feeling bad.

I feel bad that you misunderstood.

To be perfectly clear--NO ONE here has ever made fun of me, or hurt me. I have so much fun here!!

Now lets all get back to  :slapLaugh:   :smiley_laughing:   :ROLF:  

I am glad because I never ment for you to feel that I am laughing at you just what you say or do sometimes is so funny and when I come on here something I really need a good laugh and there you are :grin: ...I am the same way with other sites...the ones I have spoken in I always wind up getting hurt so the others sites that I have never said anything in I am afraid to say anything...but this site all of you have made me feel at home...just love all of you so much... :smiley:

Nonni I would at least add it to your purchased game, you don't have to install it, or download it.

So this is me having yet another "DUH" moment.....seriously I think my brain *sploded* somewhere and I didn't get all the pieces put back :insane:

Have I got this right? I go to that Origin place, register, get the digital download, but I don't have to install it? I mean I can download it, but not install it?

I would just keep it as a back-up?

I'm sorry to be so dense, but I was trying to clean up my downloads by following Rebeca's instructions from a different thread and now I am beyond being able to think :blush:

Karen you don't have to even download it.  The point is to have it as a backup just in case.  It's free.  It won't even completely install unless you uninstall the original Sims 2 files.

How do we do that, Beck? What is our 1st step to "have it as a backup just in case"?

I get it!! :366915:  Took me forever to understand this :1doh1:

I'm going to do this tomorrow, hopefully my brain won't be as foggy as it's been today, the whole entire day. Never mind the numerous times Dave rolled his eyes at me today, it was those looks I kept getting from Jake and the cats. Bandit is normally very friendly, today he slapped me. I walked by where he was snoozing, said something and he just reached out a paw and slapped me. Dave just about :ROLF:  and then told me if I hadn't said what I said, Bandit wouldn't have done that.

All I said---"You comfy Bandit?" Stupid question, a snoozing cat is most certainly comfy.

Of course then Dave pointed out the other few times Bandit has slapped me, he could have just let that pass, but nope, he didn't. All those times I said or did something goofy. I'm going to take Bandit with me if I ever have to go for a job interview. :slapLaugh:

Yiiipe! So I can install it later!!!! :smiley:

Karen, maybe Bandit wasn't comfy... :grin:

By the way, could I slap you too? (Just kidding,don't take it seriously) :ROLF:

I did download it Alet.  I also, added it to my EA account that I had not purchases any Sims 2 games.  I have two separate EA accounts, but my Sims 2 is an old email account.  

Thank you, Beck! 

I have all the EPs and SPs on disk but I never could get Sims 2 working on my laptop, even though I tried all the stuff recommended in the sims community. So now I got it through Origin. I haven't really played yet, just started it up and scroll through all the neighbourhoods. It seems to be working fine, so now I have a vanilla game on my laptop :)

Nonni, 

Open Origin in the upper left hand corner click on "Redeem Product Code"

post-12-0-41144900-1406454368_thumb.jpg

A box will open then enter 

I-LOVE-THE-SIMS  

Then click the Next button.

post-12-0-20784300-1406454435_thumb.jpg

You should find that it is added to your list of games.

post-12-0-40757600-1406454559_thumb.jpg

If you download it, it will automatically start to install once downloaded, but it will not complete if you still have your original Sims 2 game installed.

I actually did it....I didn't download it, but I redeemed that product code. I still have some questions.

I didn't have to sign up for an account, apparently I already had one. How is that possible? I never heard of Origin, until here....a bit confused about that, but it's ok.

I know I did register every single CD for both games, Original Sims and Sims 2 when I bought them.

My plan is to get my desk top fixed, use the CD's on my desktop and hopefully try the digital one on the laptop. My confusion is if I play the digital game, am I playing on line?

The desk top will never be hooked up to the internet. I hope to use the digital version to test files and then transfer them to the desktop.

I'm still in shock that I actually did this. :slapLaugh:

Beck and Alet tried to explain it to me and I still don't understand, so I'm no help. :huh::undecided:

No, Karen you don't have to be online. Believe me, I don't have CDs for TS3 I have the digital game. I was able ro play at my grandmother's apartment without internet.

The only difference between CDs and digital copies is that you have to insert the CD and on the digital one you don't.

And I made an acvount at thesims3.com and later when I tried to make an account on Origin it said I have one already. Maybe you registered your TS2 on thesims2.com when it was availaible and you don't remember. :grin:

And I redeemed the product code too, but I don't have that origin application (or how is named). Where should I find my copy of UC on origin site?

That was tricky for me, apparently you have to download that origin app thing. I thought it was a game they wanted me to download. Once you down that app thing and install it, and then log in, in your account you will see where the redeemed game is.

I'm not good at explaining things...sorry. I also don't know how to take pictures so I could show you.

You may need to be online to start the game, but you don't actually play online.  The digital games do often require an internet connection.  I know my Sims 3, will tell me I'm not online if my internet is down, and won't let me play.  I don't think that happens all the time, I think there are so many times you may play until it requires you to be connected.  

Stefy please see my post at the bottom of page 2 of these messages.  It show you how to find it.

You only have to be on line to download the game. Once the game is added to your computer you don't have to have to be logged-in to Origin to play the game.

I have the MOST EXCITING NEWS!!! My daughter got TS2 Ultimate. I have been on Skype the last two evenings helping her get the programs that help like TS2 CleanInstaller, CEP and so on.

Hopefully she will be coming around to Affinity on a regular basis! Oh, I am so happy, I cannot express my joy!

Yes, I downloaded it...I will have to wait to see how it worked though until my laptop gets repaired.

(Thanks to the link offered here at the homepage!)

I have a question on this Ultimate Collection...did anyone notice that you don't get the body shop with it..I went into my games then right clicked on the collection but no body shop...is it just me or is with everyone that has it.. :confused22: