UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
Stefy

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection!

Is it maybe hiding it it's own folder or something? I am trying to remember it, but I made my Sims in-game.

It took forever for Bodyshop to open for me. I never learned how to make clothing, so I just never used it.

I use body shop just to check as see if my downloads are in there and if they are working..so I don't have to go in game check either CAS or go into a house and have them buy them then come back out of the game to do more downloading

Sam do you know how to do a search on your computer? 

If so could you search for TS2BodyShop.exe.

I think you should find a copy under your folder The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection then there should be a folder under that named CSBin that is where you should find the body shop program.  This is mostly a guess, as I don't have a copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection completely installed, I only have a partial install.

Actually Rebecah last night after we talked I tried to download the Store Addition and omgosh..it wouldn't let me..it kept saying I needed Freetime..I should have Freetime with the Collection then like an idiot I downloaded the Freetime and now I can't even uninstall that..going to do a 1 day back restore to get rid of this stupid idea of downloading the Collection..and just stick with my disks..am so glad that Collection was free I would be really upset right now.. :grin:

Thank you for the links..I will keep them though just in case I get another hair brain idea about the Colletion :slapLaugh:

I cannot find Bodyshop either. I checked my S2 Ultimate Collection folder like you said, Rebecah...I don't have that folder named CSBin. And a search showed nothing.

I have Bodyshop for TS2 (regular game). 

I have managed to install all my CC and mods into the UC game...everything is working really well.

Is there another way though without bodyshop to save the sims that I make so that they show up in all the neighborhood libraries? Or if they die, I can use them again?  :cry:

I thought I had a link to the file you can download, but I can't find it.

Click here to download.

I found it posted Click Here, for sims wiki post.

I just googled this issue and found that bodyshop is found in the following folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin 

Hi there. I know this is a kinda old topic, but hey.

I want to install UC on my laptop but I'm unsure.

My laptop's specs are:

-Toshiba Satellite L450D

-Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit)

-Video card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (with 891 MB of memory on it)

-2 GB RAM

And...I'm a bit afraid. If I install TS2, will my TS3 (which is in the same laptop) game be damaged or slowed down in any way?

I know Lisa has both TS2 and TS3 on the same computer.

Please help me decide what to do! Please. :cheesy:

You should be fine Stefy to install them both as long as you have enough free hard drive space.

Your Sim 3 will not be affected at all, if you have both games on your laptop.

Oh is good then, maybe I'll install it (is staying in my games library untouched for ages...), the next week. (going to grandma and she doesn't have internet)

I still don't know what to do with those 3 EPs from TS3 who are eating my hard drive memory (I have an EP and the base game of TS3 installed in another hard drive which is a lot bigger.) Oh yes and Beck, and if you can, could you please help me with another problem?

The problem is: I have the base game of TS3 and the Late Night EP on a "D" drive, but, when I installed the other three EPs (Pets, Seasons and Generations) I forgot to install them on D and installed them on the local disk "C", and those EPs are eating 7 GBs out of my local disk and now I have only 15.6 GBs free space of memory.

Can I unistall and reinstall the EPs in the other drive without my save files to be damaged?

As long as you don't try to play your game before you get them reinstalled, but yes you should be okay Stefy.  Is your main drive really small?  Are you going to install the UC on your D drive too?

Yep. My main drive is 37.4 GBs, but the "Windows" folder (which has the system files I guess) is 9 GBs big.

And yes I'm going to install UC in the D drive too. (on which I have 120 GB left)

Ah yes, that is a small hard drive, but you should be okay having the files on your D drive, with 120GB free.  The Windows folder is you system files.   :grin:

Thank you Beck so much. :icon_hug:

I stayed worried and undecided for months.

But...all of this will wait until the next weekend. I have lots of homework to do.

And yep, that means next week I'll start playing TS2 too!! Yay! *goes CC shopping* :dancing smiley:

You are very welcome Stefy!   :icon_hug:

I'm sure you will be fine and I hope you enjoy Sims 2, it is my favorite.

I'll sure enjoy it! :smiley:

I didn't played TS2 since so much time (the computer in which I had TS2 is broken and we are saving for a new computer)!

Of course I hate the fact that I have so much homework to do. (the 7th grade is harder than I expected it to be) :1doh1:

I'm sure you will too Stefy!

Oh I didn't realize you used to play it, and I do pray you get a new computer very soon.

Stefy you are so smart, I sincerely feel you will do just fine in school.   :icon_hug:

I played it, since I was 8 until June of this year. (when I got the laptop and started playing TS3)

I'm even planning, maybe, to make a little story (if not a simblr) with TS2 once I install it. Who knows? :grin:

And thanks Beck. I hope I'll do as well as I can in school, and that means lots of homework and studying and learning to do. :searching smiley:

Ah, how I DID NOT missed school during the summer.

Running Vista on all 3 machines. Have Ultimate collection via Origin on 2 (no problems although mine doesn't like me running my own business grrr)

We have Sims 2, 3 and 4. 3 is slow, 4 is cartoon like and missing content (took 3 hours to update the other day and added ghosts and a mailman lol)

2 is just right :D

I would honestly say that Sims 4 was not finished before release and it's going to take a LOT of updates to fix it. The graphics are rather bad in my opinion (remind me of that Japanese Hentai stuff or whatever it's called) and the only thing it hasn't going for it are loading speed times. Although..... the reason for this load speed is perhaps because it has 50% of the game missing rofl

Sims 2 all the way. Can't fault it.

I tried to play Sims3 but just couldn't get into it and spent $50 on the Sims3 and Ambitions together..never played Sims1 and got that demo for Sims4 and not impressed at all..

Will keep my Sims2 forever :grin:

Good luck Stefy on getting the Sims2 up and running if your play and updates on Sims2 is as good as the Sims3 oh my goodness :Whistle:  going to love that :slapLaugh:  you are so funny when playing your game..just love the expressions you catch and the storyline is brilliant and funny..can't wait for the updates.. :smiley_happy107: 

HI Stefy, thought I might chime in here...I do play both games on my laptop without problems (I also have 5 EP's and some CC)!

The main thing to keep in mind is keeping your machine nice and cool...the only time I had a problem was when the fan stopped working properly on the laptop. I also play TS3 in windowed mode, and quite honestly, after playing it that way for so long it looks really weird to me in full screen now!

By playing in windowed mode it is easier for your graphics chip to render the game. Also be sure not to have too much running in the background and your laptop will do just fine for a long time.

I know you will do just fine in school, but remember to have some fun too sometimes!  :blank2: