UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
Mission Mouse

These Confused Me So Much

I have these favourite CC items that I have had since they came out, some going back to 2009.

I looked all over my external hard drive, it's almost full of rar files dating back that far. I have been going slightly :scare3: because some files are named almost the same. At my age, almost the same may as well be the same. :slapLaugh:

So I have spent my entire day sorting out the proper files and recolours associated with them to make collections.

That is my third favourite thing to do these days.

1. Snuggling with Jake and the cats.

2. Play the game, well just building for now.

3. Making collections for the game so this old lady can find things easier. (At this stage of my life anything that makes things easier for me I consider a blessing.)

So I had the most challenging day today because, as I said some people named things in a way that made me confused.

I got it all straightened out :Thank_you: God, because I know he helped me.

I go in spurts of favourite things cause I weird.

Here are pictures of my new favourite things.....

These are from Vita Sims...

VitaCountryCottageKitchen_zps32471600.jp

It's her Country Cottage Kitchen.

VitaCottageCountryLivingRoom_zps79431769

This is her Cottage Livingroom

VitaCottageBedroom_zps47a5fd70.jpg

This is her Cottage Bedroom

VitaCottageBathroom_zpse97f5e07.jpg

This is her Cottage Bathroom

And now I will show you the reason for my confusion...... :smiley_laughing:

4esf also has Cottage files.... 4esfCottageLivingroom_zps80827b87.jpg

4esf Cottage Livingroom

4esfCottageDiningRoom_zps68ab3d1a.jpg

4esf Cottage Diningroom

4esfCottageBedroom_zpsc883f021.jpg

4esf Cottage Bedroom

There I was, in-game, trying to furnish rooms and getting the collections mixed up because I didn't remember that there were two "Cottage" creators.

I did learn something  though...even though 4esf is gone, someone has put up a mirror site so if anyone wants her stuff, you can get it  here

Omgosh Karen...just love coming on here and seeing what you have to say...

Here is what I do

Name of the object

Name of Creator

Website -inside of this I put the name like affinitysims.com or MTS or something like that

then when I get ready to download I put the download in the creators name..

Also with the Creator I put

1-Name-Creator

2-Name-Creator

Now if there than 1 thing from the same creator that is when I put 2

1-Karen-Creator...this is one object

if you have something I would do 2-Karen-Creator

Now if you have things on another site I would go into Website and add another folder with that other site...

I hope that is not confusing for you...

before I started that I could never find what I had or what I was looking for..

Ok Stefy let me try and explain it a little better

1-Make a folder in the download folder with the name of the object

2-in that folder make a folder with the name of the Creator with a number in front of it

example: 1-Karen-Creator

3- in that folder make a folder with Website in that folder make a folder with affinitysims.com or MTS then

4-in the Creator folder download the object...

If there is more than 1 item from the same Creator put a 2 in front

1-Karen-Creator

2-Karen-Creator

and so on..

I think I am going to confuse to many people on here with my system :ROLF:  so I had better stop while I am behind :slapLaugh:

I just name the file what it is...4esf Cottage Bedroom etc. With Vita, I just named to folder "Cottage Bedroom" etc. Then I extract all the files, even the recolours made by other creators into that file.

Then I make it a collection in the game.

Then I cheat.... :slapLaugh: I paste the icon picture in the file, then go back to where it's just all the files, and then I make a new Rar file of that file, with everything, recolours and all, with the name I chose to make it easier for me. That means that I can delete all the individual rars and just have one complete one.

I have an external hard drive and on it I have a file folder named "Superset Rars." I move those new rars I made into that folder.

The only files I have not done separately like that are the ones I have from here, all of them go into my folder called "Affinity".

I have over 200 collections because I play 3 themes...Modern, Medieval and Victorian.

When I make the collection I also save it as K-*name of my chosing*(I put the *K-* because that's my initial) so that when I play the different themes, I can move out what collections I don't need.

I couldn't keep things straight if I used a creators name, for me I need the specific room name.

I never use the collection file supplied by the creators, I always take a copy of the picture of the creations and substitue that for the Icon, in the Collections folder. It's more work cause I have to go into "Paint" and resize the picture, but it works for me.

I also made some build collections, but they are really different....I put all the outdoor plants in one big file, I put the "Harvestable plants" in another file, ALL fireplaces in their own file, anything pond related in another file.....

I am a Virgo..... :ROLF: so all my floor and wall files are separated into the proper category.....tile, wood, etc.

Then I have some weaknesses.... :slapLaugh: Curtains, Bedding, Rugs, Paintings Appliances. They all are in their own folder. I didn't make collections of these, I just use those folders in every game theme. I am a sucker for different small appliances.

I use that Collection Tool....I think it's from DJS Sims, but I don't have the link....OOPS. I would be lost without this program.

Your way is very confusing lol :insane:  ok now with yours if have collections but what if something happens and you have to find that in alllll those files in that folder how do you know which file is for what...and where did you find it...I have to know where I got it...

I am an Aries and I like things in order everything in a row face forward lol...like corn, green beans, peas, carrots and so on lol...even my sodas and water has a place face forward...my dishes and a certain way to be put up.. when I go to my sisters omgosh I spend weeks on fixing her kitchen and refrigerator she is a mess.. :slapLaugh:

I am a Scorpio and I am way roo lazy to organize my CC. That's why most of them are hairstyles and clothes.

That's why I think I'll give up and be CC free.(no CC) :grin:

That'll be when I get a new computer and EPs for Sims 2.

:ROLF: See Sam, your way is too confusing for me. I'm not one to care where I got something and since some of my rars date back to 2009, there is no way I know where they came from, nor can I usually tell who made them. I know which file is for what due to how I named them.

I know which files are for what theme as well. I always make a back up when I do something new or add or change something and then transfer that to my external hard drive.

The tool is  HERE  If you are going to use it, then you will need Icon pictures of what collection you are making and they will likely have to be resized to fit the proper format. I use Microsoft Paint and resize to 15 and that seems to work for me. Then save the picture as a jpeg. Make sure you put the icon picture you made into the icon section, in the collections section of the game.

In my game, I just click on the collections folder, they are all named in such a way that I know what I am looking for. This tool lets you make collections without going into the game, which is why I love it so much. It's too time consuming in-game and then you can miss something because of where it's placed in the catalogue and also if it's a Maxis recolour.

I'm dying here..... :slapLaugh: I was too embarassed to ever admit to how my cupboards are organized. Yep, all cans face front so I can read the labels. (while I appreciate when Dave puts the groceries away, I still have to go in and rearrange everything) I have this neat dish storage thing that my dishes are on. I have trays in other drawers in the kitchen to keep serving spoons, spatachulas, knives, etc all organized.

My bedroom dressers are organized as well. I kidd you not, my socks and underwear are all arranged by colour..... :Whistle: Stuff hanging in my closet is arranged by type and colour too....While this may seem extreme and drive some people right 'round the bed, I need things to be this way.

:ROLF: I don't go as far as color coordinating my clothes I am mostly color blind...just found that out 2009....I grew up in a pigs house so nothing was cleaned or organized...so when I went on my own I decided that was all going to change..some say I have that what is it called...brain fart...

I have never done the collection thing in game...I never knew what that was for or how to use it...I do care where I got the items...If something happens to my game do you remember all of those mistakes and factory restores on my computer well this way I have them where I can find them...unless I forget to take the download folder out and put it somewhere that I won't forget it lol...

Oh now I understand why my way seems confusing....chalk it up to another wonky brain day :ROLF:

When I make collections, I do it by rooms. Whatever room the creator calls it is what name I use for the collection name.

Sometimes I do have the creator's name--ie: 4esf Cottage Living Room

I now have 240 collections, but I don't use them all in the same game. Some are for for my Medieval Theme, some are for my Victorian Theme, and the rest are for my Modern Theme. I like having things sorted in these collection files because I can decorate the room the way it was designed.

I have some memory issues and I can't focus and concentrate like most people which is why I do this.

Some days I am almost normal :ROLF:  and then other days I am :insane:

Welcome to my world. :slapLaugh:

Back when I was having hot flashes, Dave used to click his fingers in front of my face to get my attention. I'd tell him I was having a mini vacation in Tahiti :slapLaugh:

Mostly though he just snaps his fingers and says, "Earth to Mars".....I tend to zone out frequently. :ROLF:  That is when I say the stupidest things and Dave  just about dies laughing. The other day he was talking about his earpiece for his cell phone....what I heard---Chocolate Chips---and not the baking kind, the actual potato chip kind.....

He was at the grocery store in the potato chip aisle and talking to me from his cell phone. Where "earpiece" and "chocolate chips" got confused in my brain, well that anybody's guess. :smiley_laughing:

:ROLF: :ROLF: :slapLaugh: :slapLaugh:  omgosh Karen...I may have to learn your way or at least try to :Whistle:  I will let you know if it works for me or not :grin: Thanks Karen for another smile :grin:

:ROLF: :ROLF: :slapLaugh: :slapLaugh:  omgosh Karen...I may have to learn your way or at least try to :Whistle:  I will let you know if it works for me or not :grin: Thanks Karen for another smile :grin:

When your brain goes as wonky as mine does as often as mine does you have to find a way to deal with it or you would have a nervous breakdown.

I've learned that humour is my best coping mechanism.

The only time something wasn't funny right away was when I got stuck in our old washing machine. I couldn't reach all the way to the bottom so I used a step stool, but when I reached into the machine, my foot pushed to stool too far away and I couldn't get my footing to get out. It took me a while to get out of that prediciment. I look back on that and now I can laugh...but not when it happened.

It is a funny thing to picture....a person stuck in a washing machine, (it was a top loading kind) with their feet flailing about.... :slapLaugh: Solved that problem, we now have front end load washer and dryer that are on stands. It turns out I am not the only one who loves the new laundry machines. Apparently it is also a TV for the cats. :ROLF:

:ROLF: :ROLF:  I'm not sure what I am going to do with you...Omgosh...here I have a sinus infection and a bad cough and seen this and almost peed my pants.. :slapLaugh: :slapLaugh: I would have loved to see that...I can just picture you upside down in a washing machine :slapLaugh::ROLF:

! was upside down, all the way to my waist. :slapLaugh: I was actually pretty scared at the time that I could possibly die in there. Obviously I got out, but all that wiggling around to get out, left me with some pretty large bruises. Needless to say when Dave saw the bruises I had to tell him what happened, which is why we got the new washer and dryer.

He is so thoughful at times, and then we have today......he invited the neighbours over for supper at 5pm. YES 5PM!!!  :1doh1:  Thanks for the speedy notice there, buckwheat..... I had ONE hour to try and figure out how to make a two person supper stretch to feed 6 people. I sent him to the grocery store, serves him right :slapLaugh:  A few more things sufficed and then as we are sitting down, on the deck to eat, the skies open up and torrential rains pour down. Fortunately we have a tent-gazebo on our deck so we were able to close the outside curtains and eat supper without getting wet.

Cleaning up--not so lucky. :ROLF:  Here again Dave's logic defies me...he went into the house, dripping water everywhere, goes upstairs and gets a towel for Jake. Only Jake. Not one for him, not one for me, just one for Jake :1doh1:

I wasn't quite as :insane:  back then, it kinda crept up on me. :granny:  I mean seriously, who stays up until 4am surfing the net for Sims 2 downloads.... :slapLaugh:

It is always so funny to hear your escapades, Karen. I know that I will always get a smile on my face when reading your little anecdotes. Just seeing that image in front of me, of you with the body in the washing machine and legs kicking makes me giggle. I would have been so scared if it happened to me.

I am so organized at work but when it comes to my downloads, not that much. My download folder only has folders with the site name or the name of the creator and that is why I am having trouble finding the meshes when I need them. :grin:

I love the game, but I hate where it puts things in the catalogue. some of it makes no sense to me, but then I learned that some things are cloned from something that looks nothing like the original item.

When I found that collection maker, I was just dancing around like a nut. :AF1ChickenKip003:

Karen what collection maker...what is that..

Sam, if you scroll back up and look for the word HERE in blue, that is the link for that collection maker program. I counted, go up 13 posts.

This is a program that you make collections for the game, outside of the game. It took me a while to get it all figured out, but I'm a pro now :slapLaugh:

If you believe that, I can also sell you a mansion in the middle of the Florida everglades, comes with a moat. Internet access not guaranteed.    :ROLF:

^that's in reference to my "I'm a pro" comment.

Just go back up 13 posts, click on the blue word "here" and that is the link to the site that made the program. It really is a neat tool. It only does objects, not walls, floors, terrains or bodyshop.

Thanks Karen I seen that even had it bookmarked lol..didn't read what it was just knew I was going to look at it later ...I know I will be reading up on that later on today... :smiley:

Hey Sam, your in box must be full again, so...I thought I saved the e-mail from your forum, but I didn't.... :1doh1: and I can't remember what user name I used because it wouldn't let me use my name. Any way you can resend that e-mail?

I know what username you had, Karen. It was ''Jakesmom" :grin:

Yeah, it's real imaginative isn't it? Anyway I got in after about 8 or 9 guesses.  :slapLaugh: