UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
Mission Mouse

Worst Day Ever

:cry:  I cannot find my Microsoft Windows disc anywhere. I have ripped my house apart and it is not in this house. I can't get my computer fixed without that disc. I still have my Microsoft Office disc, and that is where my windows disc should be but it's not. I am so careful with the operating dics, always keeping them in the same place, and that is the only disc that is missing.

Since I haven't been able to use the computer, I've kept everything organized so it would be where it should be when I was ready to get it fixed.

All I've done for the past hour is cry, and then cry some more. Dave doesn't understand how heartbroken I am. To him it's just a stupid computer game.

I was so excited earlier as we were putting the towers in the truck and then I went to get that disc and I have no idea where it is.

Ever since we found out about the tumour I have been trying so hard to stay positive and getting the computer fixed was a ray of sunshine for me. I was having so much fun finding things, and learning all over again how to use all those programs and now it seems like it was all for nothing. I found lots of new stuff I never knew about and found some really old stuff that I just loved and even managed to find most of the meshes, all that time just seems wasted.... :cry: 

I am so depressed, not just sad, very depressed. Even Jake can't cheer me up. :cry:

Maybe a dumb question...but I ask only from experience...Is the disc already in your computer's CD tray? :hmm:

I hope you find it, Karen...I too am getting depressed because I cannot play the game I love the most. :Empathy:

At least you have your friends here at Affinity whether you can play or not...We care about you, so I will pray that you find that disk...& soon! :Smiley10-1: 

Oh Karen, am so sorry to hear this..I hope you find it..and as Lisa says at least you have your friends here at Affinity..I know it is not the same but we understand what you are going through...and Lisa same with you, as least you have your friends here at Affinity to get you through this..

Karen and Lisa I will pray for you and your computers to get you both through this time of grief :Smiley10-1:

Hugs, Sam :1hug: :1hug:

Oh Karen, I am so sad for you. Hope you will find it as soon as posible. :smiley:

As Lisa and Sam said,you have your friends here at Affinity.

I got through this too, that when I had just Sims 2, on the computer.

But if something happens to my computer now, I have my Sims 3 on the laptop. :grin:

Hugs, Stefy :)

My laptop and desktop, neither one, came with a Windows disk. My son went on Google and found that we were allowed to burn a one-time replacement disc.

I am willing to bet that the place that repairs PCs has a disk. They cannot, of course, use their activation code. Use the activation number on your PC. It will be on a plate, probably on the back of your desktop PC or the bottom of your laptop.

This day started off so bad and just kept getting worse. We got so much rain yesterday that our back yard is mushy, good for the grass and plants, but very bad for Jake. He was playing in the mud. Poor puppy had to have a bath :ROLF:

I was so upset after not being able to find my disc that I got a terrible headache. I went for a nap.....and before I could lay down I decided to put the new feather pillows on my bed. When you get older, you tend to slow down a bit, so by the time I was ready to actually lay down Jake had decided to claim the new pillows.

Not just one, oh no, he sprawled across both of them. :1doh1:  I kept trying to put my head on one and he kept kicking me in the head. Bad puppy, he has to learn to share :granny:

When I got up I went to put my one blanket back in my closet and in there was the pieces from the old filing cabinet. Also, boxes of stuff from that cabinet, and I crossed my fingers, opened one of the boxes and there it was, my Windows ME disc. I forgot my sewing room was once the computer room. :insane:

The place that repairs my computer is also the place that built it. I didn't get a store manufactured one, mine was custom built just for this game, so there isn't that plate on the back of my machine. It was supposed to have a sticker on it, but that sticker is actually on the case that contains the disc. That is why, without my disc, I couldn't get the machine fixed. I didn't want to pay for a new Windows OS, I want Windows ME back.

So my day has vastly improved and I even found my watch that I misplaced earlier today. Looked all over for that too  :Whistle:

Thank you all for being here for me and praying for me. I don't think I would have come out with the ending that I did without all of your prayers and thoughts.

*gets mushy* I love you all :icon_hug:

I am so happy for you Karen. You should give Jake a big hug because I think he helped you a bit to find that disc. :)

I am so happy for you Karen. You should give Jake a big hug because I think he helped you a bit to find that disc. :)

I will, I think you are right too. :icon_hug:

Good for you..I knew you would find it..didn't realize that Jake was going to help though :grin:

Shhh, don't tell him, he'll want another treat. Then we'd have to call him Porky :grin: