UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
Stefy

What Is Your Opinion?

Hi, there! Okay I know this is the sims 2 chat area but I didn't know where to post it. :grin:

So, what is your opinion? About ALL the sims games? What is your opinion about Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3 and what do you think about Sims 4? :wink:

I actually still have the entire collection of Sims 1. I never did get Sims3, I'm not sure about Sims4.

Sims2 is the only computer game I have ever had. I'm not into gaming per say, don't have all those other gaming platforms.

I guess I'm stuck on Sims2, probably always will be. I think that's because my favourite creators didn't migrate to Sims 3. Most of them just seemed to either disappear or officially retire.

With the latest news about what TS4 does NOT have I am thinking The Sims 2 is the best yet. AND TS2 keeps getting better especially with the creations of our own dear Beck that enhance and improve the game.

I have never seen Sims1, Love my Sims2, hate Sims3 sorry Stefy :smiley: , not sure about Sims4 and your right Nonni just love the creations from Rebecah but I love all of everything that I have seen on here from all you guys... :smiley_happy107:

Is ok Sam, don't be sorry, we all have our opinion. :)

I have never played The Sims 1. Fun fact- sims 1 was released in 2000 I was born in 2001. :ROLF:

Through I think is a good game, but I would never go back to it.

The Sims 2, I love it. But, I can live without CC. I discovered you can have custom content in your game since...the last year. And I'm playing since I was 8. That means 3 years without CC. I still deeply love it, even if I play Sims 3. Especially the NPCs are very funny, like...Social Bunny (he's so cute!!), Mrs. Crumplebottom (she keeps destroying my sims dates, but is funny how she beats them with a purse). i never needed to create my own sims. The premades (and you know Strangetown is my favorite :grin: ) keeped me entertained.

The Sims 3, so-so. Since I started to play with EPs, the game started to be laggy. I needed to wait for aproximately 1 sim hour since I tell my sim to do something and he/she starts the action 1 sim hour later. The rest, is pretty good.

The Sims 4, I don't know what to say about it. Since EA removed so much stuff, it must be named the Sims 0 now. I know why they did it, however. They started to have ideas about it since the end of 2013, and put them in practice at the start of this year. They didn't have enough time for the development of the gameplay, since they concerned WAY too much in CAS and Build mode.

The sims 2 was delayed 2 times, but was worth it. It had lot of things, and that's why I love it the best.

And...that's my opinion. :smiley:

Good question, Stefy:grin:

Well. I never played the sims 1...I had just began playing the Sims 2 late in '08-'09 (wasn't online, so didn't use CC until 2010) and then when TS3 came out, I played that instead...It took me almost 3 years to work all the bugs out...I even upgraded my desktop PC in order to play that game...installed a nividia Geforce 9600 video card and an extra internal cooling fan...and I really enjoyed building and decorating houses and lots, and used some CC in that game..but the desk top crashed for good.

That's when I returned to TS2,(playing it on my laptop) and realized just how much more heart and soul that game has compared to TS3...which, in my opinion, is terribly boring, as the sims are quite redundant in their actions.(I just adore the comical antics in TS2...and all those funny characters like the penguin and the charleton (sp?), and of course the psychiatrist who shows up when your sim goes nuts!:ROLF: 

As far as the Sims 4...Well, I'm sure EA will make a bunch of money off it, and people will enjoy it too...But, I am tired of running after the next newest game, only to get disappointed again, so I will stick with TS2, and be happy with what I already have!

I was tempted to try TS4 when I heard that it would work well with most computers (unlike TS3)...But I got over it.   :cheesy: 

The only thing that makes me miss playing TS3 now is the beautiful horses...I LOVE horses!

I can only play TS3 on my laptop in windowed mode with low graphics setting

I started playing Sims1 because I got it with the computer I bought back in 2001. I think I have about 3 or 4 EP:s of that. Then after some years I bought Sims2 and now I have all EP:s and some of the SP:s and I love playing and building in Sims2. I also have Sims3 but not all EP:s and SP:s because I decided that I didn't like the game that much to buy all of them and I uninstalled Supernatural because it was making the game crash for me. The Sims 2 is the best of them in my opinion, although I like building houses in Sims 3 too. Sims 4 is still a blank page for me and the stuff that I have heard doesn't make me eager to buy it.

I think too, the fact that all of us die-hard Simmers know that the newly released games always need patching makes us reluctant to part with our money.

I for one am fed up with games being released that are buggy.  I honestly believe the company knows the games are buggy but in their quest to line company bank accounts, and knowing how fanatic some gamers are, they don't care too much about releasing games that are not as good as they could be.

It would be nice to have some of the new games features available to Sims 2, but then there are some fantastic creators who can extract files from the new games and make them available for Sims2.

I'm not so keen on having to upgrade my computer's operating system to play new games. Especially if I am not even sure I will like the game. Then I've gone to that expense for nothing and I did find out that some things that worked perfectly on Windows ME for the Sims2, don't work at all on Windows7 for my game.

The Sims 4, I don't know what to say about it. Since EA removed so much stuff, it must be named the Sims 0 now. I know why they did it, however. They started to have ideas about it since the end of 2013, and put them in practice at the start of this year. They didn't have enough time for the development of the gameplay, since they concerned WAY too much in CAS and Build mode.

I totally agree.

I loved Sims 1, I didn't have any of the EP's but I had plenty of CC. :grin:  Sims 2 is my favorite I have my game modded and hacked just the way I like it :slapLaugh: I don't have Sims 3 but there are many aspects of the game that I like and wish could be incorporated in Sims 2. I love the open world, and the new activities for Sims - bobbing for apples, pie & hot dog eating contents, scuba diving - all the water activities, yatchs; I like that the Sims can take selfies, use laptops on the floor, sims can send text message, the deep fryer, the ice cream truck; and the sims can change shoes! Let's not forget the mechanical bull - I'm surprised that bull hasn't been converted for Sims 2.  Yeah, but Sims 2 is my favorite  :cheesy:

I doubt that I will get Sims 4 since I don't even have Sims 3. I would need a better computer with more RAM and a stand-alone graphic card. Right now I play on a laptop with Windows 7 and  integrated Intel Graphics.

I play Sims 3 with 3 EPs(Pets, Seasons and Generations) on a laptop with Windows 7 and an ATI Radeon graphic card. The game runs smoothly for me.

Stephy your graphics card can be updated ( or is it upgraded?) - integrated graphics can't be updated.  My laptop is pretty good as I can play high poly items, and I have a lot of cc (hair & clothes) that will only show up with my detail settings on high.

My graphic card is ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics, and has 891MB memory. But I really don't know if it's integrated or not, my older brother did all the work.

I could play the basegame of Sims 3 on high, but since I installed EPs I took the settings to medium for better performance.

And I play without CC. :grin:

I sit and patiently wait for some things from Sims3 to be converted to Sims2. I have some CC that I just couldn't play the game without and I would miss it like crazy in any other Sims games. I will try and find the place where I keep an eye out for these things.....

Amazing Site

I was also trolling around at MATY and found the Sims2 Store things, but don't ask where,I have no idea where, and I still have to go through 90 pages in that section. That is one site where I would rather die than post. BUT I must say, in the early days I was having a real problem and Yakov couldn't help me. He told me to ask Pescado in a PM. For someone who has the reputation he does, he was very nice and actually solved my problem. :slapLaugh: I'm not supposed to tell anyone he did that though. :ROLF:

Hang on, gonna grab a picture of the set.....farmfreshfolkset_zps018b2348.jpg

It's called the "Farm Fresh Folk Set"

These items have not been converted....
Items not converted:
Milkin' It Dairy Corral---(don't really care about this one)
Kerosene Flower Lamp
Rustic Kerosene Wall Lamp
Fantastic Fringe Loveseat
Fantastic Fringe Chair
Fantastic Fringe Curtains
A Bust of Some Famous Guy (don't care about this one either)
They Don't Build 'em Like They Used To Coffee Table
They Don't Build 'em Like They Used To End Table
They Don't Build 'em Like They Used To Fireplace
Country Candelabra

This is the LINK

What has been converted is:Cow--(well don't need it because it wouldn't do what Rebeca's cows do)

:Milkshake

:Milk Bottle

:George and Harriet Paintings (made me think of Ozzy  and Harriet Nelson)

:Sailing Painting by a Ship

They don't build 'em like they used to Desk

Somewhere there was a kitchen I thought, that went with this set...maybe I'm dreaming.

I wasn't dreaming, here it is... CountryKitchen_zps3976f5b2.jpg

This one is pretty much converted except fot the clothes and I didn't care about those anyway.

Wow when did you play this house...... the table good grief that looks like it was from in the 40's or 50's..I see kids out back what is outback..want to see lol... :smiley_happy107:

Thank you for the links Karen...will have to check those out :smiley_happy107:

Those aren't my pictures, they are the pictures of what is in the Sims3 game that someone has converted to be useable for Sims2. Out back is a chicken coup.

I'm still patiently waiting for my desk top to get fixed and returned to me. Actually both desk tops, we sent them both to get fixed. I am thinking of looking into getting Sims 3...maybe. I don't know how much of an upgrade I will need yet.

Yes Stefy, you did, but I still haven't made up my mind. It's going to depend a lot on what upgrades the desk top tower will need. If it's too extensive then that also means expensive and I haven't quite come to a decision yet.