UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
broomhilda61

How Do You Pick Your Neighborhood Names

I have no imagination :1doh1:  I use a map. :slapLaugh:  A real map.... :slapLaugh:

I close my eyes and put my finger on it and bingo, that's the name I use. 

I'm like Marbi. I just use premade Neighbourhoods and usually stick to the maxis name. My lots usually get a name referring to the owner, like Smith's Rest LOL

The names of my neighborhoods usually pick themselves. Once I've determined the type of neighborhood the name just comes - of course they are names of places that I am familiar with. My first custom neighborhood was Spring Valley, it was named after a town I once lived in. Another neighborhood - Riverside Heights, I used the Twikki Island template and since it was an urban hood it made me think of NYC and Riverside Drive.  My Island neighborhood is called Santa Clara - it was the name that came to mind.  Willow Lake had to do with the terrain I used and my love of Weeping Willow trees.

Me, I don't usually make or add new hoods, I'm playing the premades.

But I made a hood once, and now I laughing so hard of the name I put it: Manelaville. :ROLF::slapLaugh::smiley_laughing::cheesy:

It's just my head full of non senses and too much simming! :insane:

When I build a lot, I like to use names from Nature...Rose Briar Cottage, Birch Lane, Poplar Grove, anything I can stick a plant or tree name to. Then I try and have a lot of those plants or trees on the lot.

If I build a beach lot in the vacation hoods, I have no imagination at all, Ocean View gets used a lot. But I've also used Sunset Ridge, and Rainbow Heaven.

Somewhere I got this stream that I can put on lots, hence Rippling Water Cottage.

When I build a farm and use Beck's animals.... :embarrassed: yeah....The Wool Gatherer, Beck's Dairy Farm, and my most original one... :ROLF: Porky's Precious Pigs.

I'm still struggling for a name for my goat farm, I want to use G's....hmmm, Gaby's Goats, Galloping Goat....and I'm stuck.

I love the owl and his sounds, but still haven't come up with a name I'm happy with. Hooty Holler just doesn't quite make the cut. :Whistle:

I was thinking of calling my chicken farm, Green Eggs and Ham :slapLaugh:

Whenever I get my desk-tops back, I will use "Green Eggs and Ham" :ROLF:

As for my pig farm name, I grew up on a pig farm. I just love little baby pigs.

I used to get int the pen and snuggle them.