UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
NeverForsaken

I Was Inspired!

Have you ever watched a movie, or read a book and knew immediately that you just had to recreate the characters and or the setting?

Well, I watched the move 'Winter's Tale' two days ago...and here is my Sim re-creation of the character 'Beverly' and her wonderful bedroom and bath at her father's country estate...

Sorry it wouldn't quite raining in my game when I took the outside picture:

post-13101-0-29288700-1408636871_thumb.j

This is Beverly...She's sick with 'Consumption', and must sleep in a bed atop the roof of the house.

post-13101-0-77360600-1408636968_thumb.j

This is Beverly's rooftop bedroom.

post-13101-0-19499300-1408636948_thumb.jpost-13101-0-39950900-1408637056_thumb.j

Of course she enjoys watching the stars from her 'nest' upon the roof.

post-13101-0-44554700-1408637004_thumb.j

And here is her bath...She must keep herself cool at all times so that the fever does not kill her.

post-13101-0-84011300-1408636854_thumb.jpost-13101-0-50785400-1408636830_thumb.j

Beverly spends much of her time in her Father's study where she reads the many books he has collected from around the world.

post-13101-0-48361000-1408636892_thumb.jpost-13101-0-12831300-1408636919_thumb.j

This is not an ordinary horse!

post-13101-0-99792600-1408638775_thumb.j

And this is not an ordinary man...

post-13101-0-51208400-1408638734_thumb.j

Horse and man have a destiny to fulfill together!

post-13101-0-80799900-1408638757_thumb.j

Sorry, no close ups of the character 'Peter'..You will have to wait until I tweek his looks a bit...I only used a premade sim that I created long ago, and he does not resemble the character in the movie very much.

Have you seen the movie yet, Karen?

I am also reading the book 'The Giver', which they have made a movie about recently also...I always wanted to read that book, and as soon as I found out they were making a movie I definately wanted to read it first, since the movie is usually not as good as the book...So, of course, now I want to re-make the Giver into a Sim story too! As long as my laptop holds out...I am playing TS3 with the Pets, Seasons, and Supernatural EPs ...and I still play TS2, (only without CC now, since I could not keep the files small enough)...The TS3 needs less CC because you can recolor almost everything...In the pictures I do have some CC from Jope living and Suza (plants and other decor)...Can't remember who the hair is from...but I don't use much CC at all in that game.

I haven't heard of either book, so I wrote them down and when I work up the courage to ask Dave to take me to Chapters, I'm going to see if they have them.

I like reading the book first and then watching the movie.

I meant to tell you I think the house is to die for. You did an amazing job.

I will try and be patient for an update.....*sitting on chair, almost biting fingernails*

I can't actually bite them because it's been at least 2 years since I stopped and I am determined not to start again.

We rented this movie for only a couple of weeks ago and I loved the story. It is romantic and also a little bit of fairytale with the good and evil side, so that is perfect. You have done a wonderful setting with your house and characters. Love it :389-Amours-love-:

Oh wow, Lisa! This is so beautiful!

I haven't see the movie of read the book; will be looking out for it now. Who is the author?

@Alet, The book is called 'The Giver' by Lois Lowry...I haven't seen the movie yet, but the book is pretty good.There's actually four books in the series, and our library only has book #2 'The Messenger'... I had to buy the first book, I found it in K-mart pretty cheap (around $8).

Thanks ladies for your compliments!

@Karen, I built this same house for both Sims 2 and 3...I uploaded them both on here if you are interested...Of course I changed the Sims 3 version in order to have the rooftop bedroom, and also I brightened up the furniture and walls etc.

Here's the Sims 2 version:

http://www.affinitysims.com/files/file/2033-haven-house/

maxresdefault.jpg

Colin Farrell

winters-tale-jfb-636-380.jpg

Jessica Brown Findlay

post-13101-0-92824100-1408727750_thumb.j

As you can tell, I need to tweek Peter a bit more...Now that I see these photos...Next to my Sim.

I am having so much fun with playing these characters, except Beverly was turned into a 'Tragic Clown' last night, and will remain so for 24 sim hours...So I couldn't get more photos of her for here.  :ROLF:  :slapLaugh:

post-13101-0-28355600-1408727844_thumb.j

I think the rain actually added to the ambiance of your story. Beautiful presentation, so romantic. Thank you, Lisa!

I Googled the book and it looks really nice I would like to read the whole series. :)

I love your presentation. I agree with Nonni The rain add some mystery to the story. 

The rain does add to the story...Actually, in the movie it is snowing quite a lot...I thought about that last night, and will be changing the season to winter to finish the pictures...I won't write out the story because you should all see the movie...I know Marbi has already, and she is right it is very romantic and fairy tale like...Perfect for us little princesses at heart!  :love:

We don't rent movies, there are literally no places to do that anymore around here.

I will settle for getting the book and reading it while looking at your pictures.

Oh I would hate to lose my video rental place! It was rough when I was in chemo and because of the immune problems I could not visit the library or the video rental store...(Too many germies)   :702:

I don't know if there is a book for Winter's Tale....I think there's a copy of the movie for sale at Family Video where I rented it though, I will check today. You can buy used videos for around $6.

I will add more pics as soon as I rescue my 'Jeff Sim' from a pyramid in Egypt...I actually bought and installed the 'World Adventures' EP last night along with Generations in a bundle pack on sale at Wal-Mart...I came home and just had to try it out, so I made a self sim and a Jeff sim (Yes, Karen I remember your story about when you made a Dave sim and how you accidently killed him in your game...I hope that does not happen to me, but I just wanted to send our sims on an adventure...Now he is stuck in a pyramid, and I cannot resume my Winters Tale game until I save Jeff!  :scare3:

Being stuck in a pyramid is quite the adventure. Does real Jeff know you lost (sort of)  sim Jeff? I'm sorry but I am :slapLaugh:

Maybe make a Buddy sim and send him in to rescue Jeff sim? Is there a tourist guide who can help?

I do hope you can rescue him. :icon_hug:

Yes, real Jeff knows about Sim Jeff...and it's funny, but I told him just this morning that I needed to make a Buddy sim who has the hunting skills so that he can find us treasures to help fund our sim adventures!  :ROLF:

I actually bought and installed the 'World Adventures' EP last night along with Generations in a bundle pack on sale at Wal-Mart...

I'm happy for you Lisa! You'll love the Generations EP (at least I did) and the fun things in it! :smiley_happy107:

BTW, I want to be lost in a pyramide too...does someone have tickets for Egypt? :cheesy:

Yes, real Jeff knows about Sim Jeff...and it's funny, but I told him just this morning that I needed to make a Buddy sim who has the hunting skills so that he can find us treasures to help fund our sim adventures!  :ROLF:

You do know that we want pictures? :smiley_happy107:

I love it when inspiration hits like that. What a wonderful story - I think I'm going to look for the books and I wonder if the movie is on Netflix?

@Stefy,  I haven't had a chance to play any of the 'Generations' activities yet in the game, but I am excited about it. I wanted that EP for a long time!  :penguin03:

@Karen...  :out_on_limb: = Jeff...Oh, you meant real in game pictures, didn't you?  :slapLaugh:

@LilSister...I don't know, I don't have Netflix, but if you can find the movie, I know you will like it!  :smiley:

I was curious if "Winter's Tale" was gonna be good.  I was thinking about renting it, but decided not to.  I'm in  :image014-22:  with Colin Farrell actor, and he's not bad on the eyeballs either.  :slapLaugh:   I just may rent it this weekend, but the previews seems like it's sort of a sad movie. Ohhhh Yes!  I just watched the Redbox previews again, and I think I will rent it.  @LilSister, yes, it should be out on Netflix cause it's been out on Redbox for a while now.  They usually come out at that same time on both.   I have seen ads for The Giver as well and seems to be an interesting film. 

I like how you have Beverly's room created with the flowers streaming down.  Is that how it is in the movie?  

Hi BBdoll,

I ended up buying a used DVD of the movie...I can't quite remember how Beverly's bed was, except it was set in a wintery scene, with lights and (I think) evergreen garland...but I didn't have that so I used some CC just to make the bed really pretty and like a garden scene.

The movie didn't really get the best reviews, but I really liked. It was a bit sad though. 

LilSister, It's not on stream for Netflix, but it is on DVD.  

Beautiful shots Lisa!