UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
BBdoll3

My Take On The New Sims4!

Good morning/afternoon/evening, everyone!    :008:    I'm waiting patently for this game, as so are a few others that I know.  I must say, I became a bit sad after reading some things posted here about what was being left out of the new game, and I started to wonder if this new game was worth buying and if it was just gonna be another disappointment, like the Sims3 was for me?  I was reading what someone had posted early this morning, right after enjoying creating my new simmies.  I read about all of the things that are gonna be left out and got sad.   :(  

But later thought, maybe they will bring some of the good stuff back in the game with the SP's/EP's later down the line?  Like they did with the 2 and 3.  All of those packs brought Extra Stuff that continued to make the game enjoyable.  Seems only right to do it that way, you think.   :hmm:   How else would they keep us all happy and interested?  So that's what keeps me excited about the new Sims!  

:dancing smiley:     It's very easy to become disappointed knowing a change is about to come, but that's what makes it interesting - I think.   

I started thinking    :huh:   maybe I should cancel my pre-order, then I watched a video again and decided to go ahead and leave it as is.  It will be something New and Refreshing.  People don't like Change... We get comfortable in the routine of things as we know what to do and how to work it. Right?  I think it will be good, plus, I still have my Sims2  I can play as I still have lots of families to play and enjoy.  

I was also looking at the houses and lots in the video.  Now my question is, am I still gonna be able to create a lot from scratch, or just will I only be able to use the lots that are pre-made and just revise them to my own personal liking?  Will the game let me create my own Hoods like the 2, so I can add my own special ideas and designs?  I enjoy creating Lots and Hoods and Simmies.  If I can still do that, I'll be happy.  I think they will bring back the BBy's - maybe in some strange way.  I enjoy my Plant Peeps, and my Aliens, Witches and Warlocks.   And they already have a skin tone of Blue and Green so I can use my own imagination and let it rip.    :azn:   They have added the Mean/Evil moods. So I think we can use our imaginations and creative side of our brains to make good things happen in the new game. That's close enough, I guess.   :Whistle:  

I wasn't much liking having to deal with those yelling BBy's anyway, so not having the BBy's is not much of a deal breaker for me.  I had started enjoying playing my Plant BBy's more, as they didn't come with all of that Need for attention (changing diapers, feeding and all).  They still have small children in the game, so it's not like they eliminated kids all together.  A lot of peeps are upset because there are not BBy's, or swimming pools, and you can't use the cheat "Move objects".  I think they will bring some of this back, or shall I say, I'm hoping.

But what has been removed, we can make up for with New Stuff they have added to the game.   :389-Amours-love-:We'll see!  Myself, I like change and sometimes require change, as I get bored very easily.  Anyway, that's just my take on it.  "Happy Simming my Friends".      Won't be long now!    :Sunshine:

You'll completely hate me that I say this...but I'm one of those who consider "no toddlers in the basegame" thing unacceptable.

Base means BASIC. Basic things that must make the foundation of the game. And I don't think a whole lifestage isn't something basic.

And the pools. Was that hard to include them?

I'm still deciding. Maybe there'll be a sale on Christmas and I'll get it.

And...even moveobjects is removed? Luckily I wasn't using it too much. :grin:

And this is more a step backwards than a change. For me.

I still try to look on the bright side but it gets darker every day...and now I know you'll hate me because I'm looking too much at what was removed. :(

:bighugs-vi:   Not at all.  We each have our own person comforts, likes and dislikes, so that is perfectly okay by me.   I don't want anyone to agree with me. I'm just voicing how I'm feeling, hon.   :love:   I totally UNDERSTAND  what you are feeling.  Thanks for your take on it.

I'm with Stefy on the no babies, don't really care about the pools. I'm still probably going to get it, but unless they add the babies I won't get any expansions.

What's so strange is, it shows a sims holding a BBy in one of the Trailers.  They just may add it in another EP later.  I'm thinking the reason they are leaving so many features out of the sims 4 is that they want to make it playable for peeps with lower end graphics and to prevent many of the problems that happened with the sims 3.  They just may incorporate stuff back in as they go.  Time will tell.

There are babies but no toddlers. And babies cannot be moved around, the interactons must be made next to the crib.

Oh yes, thank you Carlotta. :icon_hug:

Well we will just have to wait and see. I never bothered with Sims3 and once in a while Stefy's picture thread makes me wish I had gotten it, but I'm still on the fence.

I know I am stuck on Sims2, but there were so may brilliant creators and I looked at some of the Sims3 stuff and wasn't that impressed.

I've watched some of the Sims4 videos and I really like some of the building features, but if I am going to part with my money, then I will want some of the things available in Sims2, especially toddlers.

I tried the testversion CAS thing in Sims4 where you could make your own sim. I didn't like it at all. It has more options than Sims2 but less than Sims3 and that didn't make me interested. I already have Sims2 and love they way it can be played, the Sims4 is only a flashy Sims2 for a big amount of more money.

I have yet to purchase Sims 3 and I have no immediate plans to purchase Sims 4. Sims 3 gave us more things to do, but it is harder to create realistic looking Sims. Unless you are very skilled, most of the Sims in Sims 3 appear cartoony with an overbite. Sims 4 doesn't seem to be much better in that department and they still have bad hair. :slapLaugh:

It seems as if Sims 4 is taking you back to Sims 1 where there no toddlers and all you could do was feed and change the baby at the crib; Sims 1 allowed children but didn't have teens. No babies and no pools - deal breaker.  I received the Demo but have no interest at the moment to take up 1 GB of space to try it out.

I love Sims 2 and I'm thankful and grateful for creators like Rebecca that continue to make our games fun and interesting.

TS4 has a very long way to go if it is going to become as popular as TS2. Someone commented that there was a tremendous amount of negative feedback about TS3 at first. I have such high hopes that TS4 will be developed to add more attractions and uses.

My advice is to just try the game for yourself. Sometimes what other people think is not the same experience we may have, but you will never know until you try.

Personally, I am just too busy with both TS2 and TS3...I enjoy both games, but for different reasons. If I want to enjoy game play, then I will play TS2...If I want to enjoy creating lots and houses, and customizing everything...then it is TS3 for me. Either game I enjoy taking screen shots and making stories. It is best to view each game as a separate and different game experience in and of itself...I think that is a mistake that I and many others may have made when we expected TS3 to be a better and improved version of TS2. With this new one...It seems obvious that it will be very different from either of the previous versions. (I never played TS1, so have no reference concerning that one.)

Anyhoo...I hope you have fun with your new game!

My advice is to just try the game for yourself. Sometimes what other people think is not the same experience we may have, but you will never know until you try.

Personally, I am just too busy with both TS2 and TS3...I enjoy both games, but for different reasons. If I want to enjoy game play, then I will play TS2...If I want to enjoy creating lots and houses, and customizing everything...then it is TS3 for me. Either game I enjoy taking screen shots and making stories. It is best to view each game as a separate and different game experience in and of itself...I think that is a mistake that I and many others may have made when we expected TS3 to be a better and improved version of TS2. With this new one...It seems obvious that it will be very different from either of the previous versions. (I never played TS1, so have no reference concerning that one.)

Anyhoo...I hope you have fun with your new game!

I totally agree with what you say. :)

Ah, I want so much to be able to play some hours for free before deciding whether to buy or not. :cheesy:

I agree 100% with what they are saying about trying the game first.  Do you know anyone who is going to purchase the game so that you can sit with them and observe?  I do plan to continue playing my Sims2.  I will never give up on my TS2.

I don't want to give up on TS3 too. It would be too fast. I have the luck of it working perfectly since 2 months, yes just 2 months and I don't want to give up on it. I do play TS2 sometimes (and helping my mother with the game if she needs) but very rarely than before playing TS3 (umm...well it has became my main game from some time, but hey, this is why I started a pic thread, to challenge me to do fun things).

An now on the topic. I completely agree try first before making an conclusion.

So I did with TS3. I thought it was a laggy, pudding faces (which I got used to) game, but after trying it, I got to love it. (because it's working so well) :grin:

Well it's been a few months since TS4 has been out...I was wondering what everyone thinks of the game now?

Specifically, what are your favorite things, and your least favorites?

I've noticed there have been a few custom items created now...and cheat codes available.

How does this game run compared to TS3? which has always been laggy and buggy for most.

I plan to get the game soon, and would sure appreciate your experiences with it thus far!

Well, I like Sims 4 :)  It's a nice game to play. 

I still have only the base game and so far I've enjoyed it very much. 

I really like the build and buy mode. It's nice to be able to build and buy at the "same place".  There are so many options available!  I don't think I'll go for many CC, I found I don't really need it in this game.

I do use the cheat codes and didn't have any problem with them so far.

How does this game run compared to TS3? which has always been laggy and buggy for most.

There is no comparison! Sims 3 was glitchy and buggy from the start, while Sims 4 runs smoothly and I haven't find any bug yet.  If Sims 3 didn't have such a lot of unnecessary stuff in it, it would have been a great game. Now it's sadly a rushed job to get as much dollars as possible :(

What I do miss in Sims 4 is the toddlers. The kids and teens are okay in Sims 4.

I still love Sims 2 and still think it is the best of all EA Games.

I love to create stuff for Sims 2 and I love to play Sims 4.

Thanks, Alet

I finally collected all the EPs for TS3

and even on a new computer with good specs the game is too laggy to play

Even after doing all the file and cache clean ups !

I agree, they rushed through making that game.

I just checked out a site that shows all the items that come with TS4 and it is a massive amount!

Especially for just the base game.

I just checked out a site that shows all the items that come with TS4 and it is a massive amount!

Especially for just the base game. 

And still the game is running smoothly :)

I like how crisp and clear all the pictures of the game posted here look. What I don't know is if my computer meets the specifications for Sims4.

The one I am on now has been upgraded to Windows7, but I don't know if my graphics card is able to process the game.

I am also a huge CC lover so I'm not sure I would be happy without any.

I am really enjoying the game (I just got it installed Friday night)...It is very easy to use so far...and the animations are really smooth and life-like!

I am not downloading any cc for now...at least not until the game is tested with it by others for awhile. I am really impressed with the quick loading screens...a huge improvement from TS3! 

I do enjoy it...it takes a bit of getting used to.

I'm going to try having a wedding and starting a family,

I like how there is no time wasted by sims not being home when you visit, or not coming over when invited.

This way you can spend more time playing and progressing your characters.