UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
BBdoll3

Blocking Inappropriate Comments!

Hi guys!    :wink:     Not sure if this is where I post this, so just let me know.  I've been seeing some nasty comments on my simmies out on the Sims4 Demo, so I contacted Origin to see how I can Block this person from making any more. They gave me these instructions, so I'll share them here.

Click on this link to take you to those instructions.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/How-do-I-add-a-Origin-ID-to-a-BLOCK-List/m-p/3396969#M3719

I tell you some people have nothing better to do than make others miserable..but don't let them get you down just block them.. :grin::slapLaugh:

Thank you for the heads up and link BBdoll..

I tell you some people have nothing better to do than make others miserable..but don't let them get you down just block them.. :grin::slapLaugh:

Thank you for the heads up and link BBdoll..

They are sad people, living sad lives. Constructive criticism is one thing, outright nastiness is unacceptable.

Just remember we love you. :icon_hug:

I am glad you could block them out but I am sad that you had to. Why is it so hard for some people to be nice.

Hey, Carlotta, I searched in the gallery (after Origin ID) and I cannot find your simmies.

Did you block everyone or just deleted the sims?

I am glad you could block them out but I am sad that you had to. Why is it so hard for some people to be nice.

I wonder that all the time. I'll never understand it. I see things all the time on my searches for CC and not everything is to my taste, but I would never post I thought something was ugly. I might not like it, but others will. I think far too many people are jealous of others abilities to create. Then there is the being annoymous on the internet. It's too easy to hide behind an on-line identity and not be held accountable for what is said.

I guess that old saying'"If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing" is a thing of the past. I still practise that. My Aunt's voice speaks.... :smiley:  if she wouldn't have liked it whan she was alive, she sure won't like it watching me from heaven.

@ Karen... It wasn't so much as the item was ugly, the person took to a much different level than saying it was ugly.  It was more sexual to me, and at first it just sort of went over my head.  Then another person read it (1 whom I'm friends with), and my daughter read it and they took it in the was of being, raciest more than anything.  

At first I didn't think much of it.  But I returned to read it and thought, hummmm???  Why would someone get on here, and say something like that - in a game!!! Totally "SICKO"...  I don't really care if a person does not like what I create. I don't expect them too, but sometimes ignorant comments are inappropriate and should not be addressed.

I guess that old saying'"If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing" is a thing of the past. I totally agree with you - 100%.

I totally agree with you 100%, but there are always that other % who NEED to show, there is still ignorance, hatred and jealously towards others in our world.

@Stefy, no. I still have lots of simmies there.  The only person I blocked was this person named, "CorenJones".  Everyone else can see them.   Just enter, "BBdoll3" on the Search box, up in the right hand corner of the screen.  Make sure you are on the Community section, and the enter my ID under Origin ID. U should be able to see my Simmies.

I don't often say anything when someone is overly rude to me, but on one occassion I felt I had no choice.

My thyroid doesn't work properly, add that to the deep depression and it's no wonder I got as large as I did.

I really didn't understand how that happened because it wasn't caused by food. I wasn't eating, just drinking, and NOT alcohol.

So my body went into starvation mode and stored pretty much all the calories from what I was drinking and the weight crept up and up.

It didn't help that at that time I was on Ritalin and that decreased my appetite even more.

On this one brave day, I ventured out to the grocery store by myself. I had fresh vegetables and fruit in the cart, absolutely no junk of any kind, and this horribly rude person came right up to me and said. "You should be ashamed to be seen out in public. You are a disgrace."

I looked this person directly in the eye and replied, "I would rather be large than rude and obnoxious like you."

The thing is I had lost 40 pounds by then and was feeling hopeful. Her thoughtless words hurt so badly I left the cart in the aisle, went outside, called a cab and went home with no groceries.  I haven't been to the grocery store since.

Seriously did she not think I knew I have weight issues? I know she has no idea that she is ugly on the inside.

I'm still making progress but it's a struggle and it will be for a long time.

I really don't understand people that are like that. That person should have been quiet. My husband has also received similar comments, he is overweight and have struggled with it all his life. Once when he got a comment about that, he replied that he rather choosed being overweight than being mean. I totally agree with  - "if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing". That is what I try to live by. I always try to have something nice to say to others rather than not saying anything. There is always something nice one can say and that can brighten someones day.

It takes less muscles in your face to smile. I would think that it would also take less energy to be nice. I can't understand all that pent up anger and energy that people have and then vent it out on other people on the internet.

"If you don't have the courage to say it to the person's face then keep your mouth shut." is what my dad always told me.

I know immature people think that by degrading someone makes that person  look bad, but the reality is that the person doing the degrading is just showing others how bad they are. I tend to pity those people because stuff like that has a way of sneaking back up on them and then they act all confused when it does.

I know that lady in the grocery store thought she was humiliating me and never expected me to have a come-back.

She also did not expect the other people in that aisle to come up and tell me to just ignore her. I could tell by the look on her face that she just assumed that everyone would agree with her. Some people mistakenly think that by saying something negative, it will make the person actually do something about the problem. It rarely works that way, instead it promotes negative feelings on the victim. (didn't know how else to word that)

I saw, when Terri and I were friends, some of the things she posted on face-book. I tried explaining how hurtful some of the comments were that she posted.

She was of the opinion that the person needed to be told and that she had the duty to tell them. Explaining to her that she was only expressing her opinion did no good. Telling her that she was being mean and spiteful didn't do any good either. Finally telling her that it was mostly because of people like her who posted comments like that were one of the reasons I refuse to have a face-book account, well that went right over her head.

I still pray for her.

If someone here is sad, it makes me sad and I stop right then and there and say a prayer. If someone here is happy and excited about something, it makes me happy and excited for them. I say a prayer of thanks then.

Bravo Karen! You're completely right.

I always think "ugly" is just a way to make someone feel bad.

Regardless of our look, all people on the world are beautiful and special in their own way.

We, the humans, weren't set to a "normal, better or worse" state when we were created.

For someone you can be ugly, and for another you can be beautiful.

It depends on how much a person knows you. If he/she knows you outside and inside.

It's more important to be beautiful inside than outside. Because the beauty of the soul remains beautiful forever, while your body can change.

That woman should think twice before saying something. You receive what you give.

She was very lucky I wasn't there. Stefy attack! :slapLaugh:

She was extremely fortunate that Dave wasn't there. He's normally very laid back, but that would have triggered a nasty response from him.

He's very protective of me, which is good sometimes, but there are times when I do need to learn to defend myself.

When he got home a few days later he asked why I hadn't gone grocery shopping, I didn't want to tell him, but I also didn't want to lie.

He blew a gasket, turned the air blue.....and now he does all the grocery shopping.

Way back when we first got Bailey, he and Dave were outside playing and this guy let his dog off the leash and that dog raced over and tried attacking Bailey. The dog didn't want to play, he wanted to hurt Bailey. Dave kept yelling at the guy to get control of his dog. By this time Dave had Bailey in his arms and was using his feet to kick at the other dog. The dog's owner just kept laughing and saying, "Get him boy, get him." Bailey was an American Cocker Spaniel, the other dog was a Doberman. Bailey weighed 30 pounds, the other dog at least 100 pounds.

Dave had no choice, he finally landed a really hard kick to the dog's chest, and Dave had on steel-toed work boots. Thankfully the other dog was not badly injured, only winded. Before that guy could say one word, Dave was in his face and told him if he ever saw him do that again, or saw him in our neighbourhood, he'd call the police. The guy really couldn't say anything, Dave had several witnesses.

We still took Bailey to that open area, but we never did see that guy again. A few months later we moved into our house.

I try, I really do, but sometimes there are people that I just can't be bothered with. Mean and hurtful people I have no tolerance for. When people chose to be like that, as wrong as it is, I chose not to pray for them. I cannot say a prayer if I do not mean it.

I just read this thread tonight, and finding myself in tears for what that lady said to you, Karen!  :Empathy: Sad mad tears!  :scare3:

And Stefy, It is so hard to believe you are only twelve years old after reading your wise words...I was always made fun of as a child, and then later as an adult...My teen years were spent trying to make everyone like me since my own family did not want me around...I needed someone to care...My best friend tricked me and betrayed me in a very humiliating way so that the whole school thought of me as a laughing stock...I wish I had friends like all of you back then...But I am so grateful that I have you now!

And it is good to know that there is such a thing as a "Stefy attack"...just in case.  :ROLF:  :cheesy:

And it is good to know that there is such a thing as a "Stefy attack"...just in case.  :ROLF:  :cheesy:

Oh Lisa, thank you. :icon_hug:

I can't help it, I think of a "Stefy attack" and equate it with her posts of her story for Sims3 and I imagine Stefy and all those gnomes....

:ROLF: I know is hard to believe but I am 12 years old. In 2 months I'll be 13. :grin:

Yeah, this is what makes me wish the school wouldn't start. All those rude kids. If you don't look or dress like them they'll treat you as some strange type of alien. :embarrassed:

I never had problems with my family. They all love me. :1hug:

Oh well except a fight I had once with my cousin, because he started being rude to me and insulting me for no reason. My aunt scolded him and he said he's sorry. I forgave him.

And the fights I had with my brother when since I was a baby and until now. Of course until he gave me this laptop (And he said I can't play The sims on it, oh yes, he'll be very surprised to see I have TS3 on my laptop :cheesy: ).

@Karen: :ROLF::slapLaugh:  Gnomes :slapLaugh: Stefy gnomes maybe :slapLaugh:  or cat gnomes... :ROLF:

Those gnomes are they just in the game and just pop up anywhere..right..how many do you have in the house..are they part of the family..not sure what the gnomes do..or what they are for..in the game..

They just appear from nowhere (and aren't in buy mode) and pop up anywhere in any positions. :)

They are just objects. And I have 2. The pink one and the dog one. They don't do anything useful, than popping up in the strangest places possible. :ROLF:

@Lisa: I still didn't dreamed them, but, who knows? :slapLaugh: