UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
NeverForsaken

What do you just love about The Sims 2?

Okay, so I am well aware that this is a topic that gets revisited over and over again when it comes to pretty much any simming community...."Why do you prefer whichever sims game that you prefer?"...  :grin: And yet here I am posting this anyway.  :cheesy:

I have been playing the sims 2 and 3 for a few years now. However...I was working a job that kept me on the computer a lot for the first three years of it, so I didn't play too much at all.

Now for the first time (starting about a year ago)...I am trying to get serious about these games. I have been volleying back and forth between the two, and somehow I just keep landing back on TS2 for some reason! Perhaps its because my laptop likes this game much better than TS3...or perhaps it is this community where TS2 is the main game played here, or perhaps it is just the better game play found in TS2. 

Well, it is all the above!

Right in the midst of playing TS3 for a little while, and enjoying some good sales on bundled EPs and SPs for that game, my poor PC started to chug and lag from all the added stress...Then EA released TS2 Ultimate collection, and I could finally complete this game and finally have those missing goodies that I was in need of for the past few years!

So...though it is sometimes a pain to have to install soooo many recolor files, and to have to root out some corrupt CC from an ever bloating Downloads folder in TS2...I have now channeled all of my attention and energy on making TS2 the best, most enjoyable game ...and I owe it all to the kind, loving, and skilled people on this site who are so very generous with their creations and knowledge for this game!

Here are some of the things that are way better in TS2 vs. TS3: The sims themselves are generally better looking (even in the vanilla game)...The hair moves, their movements are more fluid and natural too. 

They interact so lovingly with other sims especially the children and pets. 

The children are just A-D-0-R-A-B-L-E!

This game seems way more family oriented.

Even the fact that you actually need to do things like go to the grocery and clothing stores in order to obtain those everyday needed items...and the things you purchase tend to depreciate in value after owning them. 

Sure, you must work a bit harder to manage your sim's needs...but it tends to keep me a bit more disciplined and on my toes too.

I am still learning new things with this game...I tend to spend so much of my time creating lots etc...and not enough time actually playing, so I have found myself at a learning curve compared to the other players of the game...but I intend to stick with it and follow through. I am even learning how to create my own photos and paintings from real life into the game. I hope to be able to share some of these with the community here, and give back a little.

For now, apart from maxis recolors, I am only downloading things from this site as I do not wish to spend more time fixing and managing files than actually playing the game. That is also part of the reason I am so far behind with learning this game.

So, tell me...What do you just love about The Sims 2?...What is it that keeps you playing it instead of the newer games?  :smiley_laughing:

I didn't like the look of the Sims in Sims3, they just didn't appeal to me. Then I read the spec requirements and decided that I wasn't going to the expense of upgrading my desktops to accommodate that game.

I do have to admit that now that I have learned how to recolour things, that is my most favourite part of the game right now.

I am starting to experiment more with textures and fabric prints to see how things will look.

I have always had a serious addiction to downloading, but now that I can recolour my favourite things in colours and patterns that I like, the game has become incredible for me.

I do love this version of the game, but recolouring has become more fun for me than actually playing. I have already filled one small booklet with notes and size requirements and locations for the things I have already recoloured.

I love playing the Sims 2 the game possibilities are endless. Just when I think I've seen and done everything something new will happen that I've never seen before. For instance I never knew the adult children can groom and give elderly parents a backrub. I though something had gone wrong with my game when Winifred gave her father a backrub. It was so random and unexpected. Another time they were talking in the kitchen and she began to groom him.

I've played through generations, Sims have owned businesses, I've done all the vacation spots - and created a few of my own. I love University and I enjoyed creating my own University. I think I enjoy custom hoods the best as I get to use my own imagination.

With Willow Lake I decided to play without townies and I like it. I'm able to pay closer attention my Sims personalities - how they interact with others, what they like, don't like, favorite foods, what they like to talk about, etc. I thought it would be challenging for Sims not to have a television - it's not - some don't care or they don't have a desire for it until they age to elder :grin: .  There are so many scenario's of the game that remains to be seen.

Some of my favorites are grandparents reading to their grandchildren until they fall asleep. I love it when Sim fathers autonomously feed and change their infants. Until I helped Rebecah test the gourmet dog food I never knew that dogs that were trained to eat Sim food would beg for table scraps if they were hungry.

I'm loving all the new content that is still being created that gives our games such endless possibilities. I could ramble on and on about this subject but I've got to go to bed :slapLaugh:

I like the Sims 2 because Sims looks better and is much more fun to play with. It is also easier to control families - nothing happens in the family that you do not play at the moment, so when you come back, you can continue where you left them. I like to build houses too but it is sometimes difficult to get the houses to be like I want.

The Sims 3 I love to build houses because of how you can change the walls and roofs. How you can determine the color of everything that you want it and match. It is also easier to place things in the way you want without cheating. But I miss some of the different ways of cheating and the ability to take pictures as you want without placing a sim in the house. Sims do not look good and I do not want to download any CC to make them look better. I have no CC at all in my Sims3 game because of all the problems it was in the beginning. I do not play the game so much because there is so much happening in the families I do not control.

I hope you understand what I mean, because it was difficult to translate. :)

I agree with everyone that the Sims themselves look so much better than either Sims 3 or Sims 4.  I like some of the features of all of the games, but to me the latest versions have so little to add to the actual game play.  I do like the Future version of Sims 3, and in Sims 4 I like that they can talk to other Sims while doing other things like painting.  To me there just is not enough differences in how the game works, to warrant the huge expense, of the newer games, plus the huge amount of computer resources the newer versions require.  It's not fun to play a game that constantly lags.

For me Sims 2 is sooooooooo much better because it is so much easier to create things for it.  I personally feel EA really dropped to ball when they made it so difficult to create things for the later versions.  They may have made more money, with their store items etc., but I feel they really did more damage to a great community with their greed.

You've all made very good points. I know exactly what you mean, Marbi about playing a household and then when you play another in the same town and come back to your first one everything had changed. I hated story progression...and you could never turn it off without adding a mod...I have very little CC in that game too, but it was easier to build and match stuff up....but that is all.

With TS2 whatever the game is lacking can be fixed with all the wonderful creations that people have made, and we can play the game on pretty much any computer without lag. 

Just like LilSister said, in TS2 you can really get to know your sims and work with them better instead of the game itself interfering so much.

It is a shame that EA got so greedy by selling items that should have been included in the game or even in an expansion or stuff pack in their store. 

I am so happy that EA did release the complete collection of TS2 though, otherwise we might not have been able to get what was missing in our games ...like I was missing the mansion and garden stuff.

That is so cool that Sims in TS4 can talk while doing other things....but it is not enough for me to want the game, at least not yet...who knows if I might change my mind down the line. 

They interact so lovingly with other sims especially the children and pets. 

The children are just A-D-0-R-A-B-L-E!

This game seems way more family oriented.

I just cannot be pulled away from my Toddlers. Every time I get to play it is like getting a new present.

I was going to post my thoughts but everyone has pretty much said it for me  :cheesy:

TS2, especially with so many wonderful mods, can be played an infinite number of ways. I love getting to know each sim's character (that I've built up in my head anyway  :grin: ) and gradually matching their looks to it - again, using the wonderful creations of people on the web.

Thanks to Rebecah's bible, and a downloaded church lot, I can even take my sims to church for a Sunday service. How crazy is that? I never thought that would be possible years ago.

post-13430-0-35684300-1421808968_thumb.j

My sims can also enjoy a realistic park with a sandpit for the kiddies, picnic bench and even local ducks (thank you again, Beck!)  :Sunshine: 

post-13430-0-59495200-1421809199_thumb.j

Leanne! :dancing smiley:

Thank you for sharing, :389-Amours-love-: I love to see screenshots. 

I appreciate your taking the time to post them for us. :up4:

Oh I just love your screenshots!

Yes, Thanks to Beck and others, this game is almost limitless in ways to play!

I had to laugh when you said you get to know your sims so well at least in your head...I do that too!

Sometimes I actually create a sim that I have gotten to know that way.  :grin:

Thanks all, you're all so sweet. I never thought anything of my neighbourhood as I've seen so many more amazing ones online.

Thought I'd post a quicky of my sim's birthday party (the child sim, Crystal Corsillo, had just grown from a toddler).  :)

post-13430-0-67633700-1422271466_thumb.j

I'm really enjoying sim families and how they quickly branch out. I've never really played enough of TS2 until now to appreciate it. I have a mod that has the game recognize extended family like great grandparents or uncles/aunts that aren't blood related, so those sims can do things like family kiss. I really like that little bonus. I only wish the game would actually say, for example, "nephew" in the relationship panel, and show on the family tree, so it actually felt like a grandparent who passed away (and all the work you once put into them) still existed if that makes sense. 

By the way, is it possible to have the game not create thumbnail versions of every snapshot taken?

I'm not sure not creating thumbnails is possible, but I do remove ALL pictures from the story-telling folder on a regular basis. I just put them in a different folder in my documents with a file name corresponding to that particular family.

That would be wonderful if the game recognized extended family.

I don't play one family long enough to lose track myself, but I would keep a journal for my game if I did.

I use the same Mod in my game (that is if you are talking about Rufio's extended family and I use his maxi-inlawsfix) - it always bothered me that the game didn't recognize Sim family members past the second generation. Before I added the mod to my game I would use the Sim Blender and Simpe to set the family ties for extended family members.

Love the picture! :366915: I love birthdays parties, I haven't had many of them in Willow Lake as this group of children don't like parties :grin: and their parents don't roll wants for them. I still have an gathering to celebrate but it doesn't fulfill the children's fears. There will be enough time for that when they get older :grin:

The thumbnails were necessary when the sims 2 site allowed us to create albums and stories online. I just delete them at the end of each game play.

Oh, please could you share the link for the extended family relationships!?!

I use the same Mod in my game (that is if you are talking about Rufio's extended family and I use his maxi-inlawsfix) - it always bothered me that the game didn't recognize Sim family members past the second generation. Before I added the mod to my game I would use the Sim Blender and Simpe to set the family ties for extended family members.

Love the picture! :366915: I love birthdays parties, I haven't had many of them in Willow Lake as this group of children don't like parties :grin: and their parents don't roll wants for them. I still have an gathering to celebrate but it doesn't fulfill the children's fears. There will be enough time for that when they get older :grin:

The thumbnails were necessary when the sims 2 site allowed us to create albums and stories online. I just delete them at the end of each game play.

LilSister, I do the same with thumbnails.

Leanne, I could just give you a big ol' hug! This is what I'm talking about...more new things learned about our games when we share.

Lisa, Mission Mouse, it is such a privilege and joy to call you friends and Sisters-in-Christ. Wish we had a mod to establish that relationship in our TS2 games.

:hug_group0002:

I just found something else I like about this game. It's the pictures everybody posts. I really like seeing what people have in their game.

Sometimes I see stuff I really like and want to know where people get it.

LilSister uploaded a lot a couple of days ago and I had my nose almost pressed to the screen to see everything she has in her house. She had the cutest sofa and it turns out I just found that about a week ago and got it and recoloured it. I thought it looked vaguely familiar. :smiley: