UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
NeverForsaken

I did it!

I downloaded simPE and spent a few hours learning how to recolor...and I finally did it!!!  :happyhappy:

Here's a picture of my first creation: (I recolored the blanket on the back of this set)

sorry for the bad quality screenshot  :embarrassed: 

post-13101-0-66552400-1418603575_thumb.jpost-13101-0-26333600-1418603730_thumb.j

:smiley_happy107:  :366915: Goodie moar stuff is coming!

I like that blanket too - would make a good jonesi blanket recolor (**hint**) :grin:

Thanks ladies, They are all ready to share...I will have more as soon as I get some more patterns to make.

I tested them in game, but do they need to get tested by someone else first?  :undecided:

post-13101-0-62950800-1418655229_thumb.jpost-13101-0-28560500-1418655233_thumb.jpost-13101-0-07420700-1418655238_thumb.j

I'm not too fond of the blue knit one...but I need more patterns to play with. Jeff is home today, so it'll have to wait though.  :smiley:

Lisa, this new skill is marvelous and wonderful. Your creations are most desirable! Congratulations, dear heart.

ATT9323341111.gif

Lisa, HERE in this thread is a tool for recolouring bedding. The patterns and textures have to be in J-Peg format and then when you go to make them in SimPE, you just convert them to PNG's.

It makes recolouring bedding so easy and quick.

You are doing a fantastic job. I had trouble as well finding knitted fabric images.

You can google quilt images for bedding and plaid fabrics as well for that blanket. Simon gave us a tip, once you have typed in what you are looking for and then click on that section, then click on the *search tools* and you can specify what size you are looking for. That's been a huge help for me because some of the patterns I found and saved were way too small and became distorted when I tried to use them.

This is so cool, I can hardly wait for you to start uploading your recolours. :ExcitedSmiley:

You really did an amazing job, Lisa!

I found that knitted textures are very hard to use, mine always look stretched or pixel-ed. It's really hard to get them looking the right size. 

Waiting anxiously for your uploads :)

If you have patience, which I am in short supply of, you can make a blank image for the required size and then copy and paste the small image inside that blank image, but that ONLY works properly if the small image you are working with is perfectly aligned. Most of the knitted images I found were the ones you need to join a site for and then pay for the use of those images.

Thank you for all the tips....Yes, I am finding a lot of fabric swatches to use, and that sound like a marvelous idea to cut out the size first and align it to the fabric.

The quilt was just a picture on Google...I did not even open the page, just copied it from the search page.

The knits mostly seem too large, but I did find a smaller image that worked nicely.

post-13101-0-21644600-1418748882.jpg

post-13101-0-33697100-1418749071.png

I did my first curtain and a couple more sofas....Boy, am I learning quickly just how important it is to be organized with my files...and to name them appropriately!

post-13101-0-27667400-1418749020.jpgpost-13101-0-75784300-1418749021.jpgpost-13101-0-19510100-1418749023.jpg

Can I just upload the recolors, or do they have to go through approval first?

If you are just recolouring items that are in the game and not custom content, then upload what you have made. If you recolour something that is custom made, then what I do is send Rebecah the mesh files and get her to see if it's ok or needs to be fixed, or is beyond fixable.

If Rebecah fixes it, then she posts it and then you can do your recolours.

Some things you  might want to recolour that are custom content Rebecah may have already fixed, like that Jonesi bed blanket.

Sims3 to Sims2 conversions have what are called *masks* that help to recolour that item.

I was looking for nursery fabrics and darn near fell out of my chair. I kid you not, there was a fabric in that search that was skulls and it said it was for baby cakes for parties.... :scare3:

Seriously? What are they trying to do, scare the baby to death?

I didn't explain myself properly when I was talking about the small images and making them the right size....you have to make a blank image in PSP and then copy and paste the small image as a  *new selection* and then do that over and over until you have a pattern that is the correct size and is lined up properly. That is why I said that takes a long time and a lot of patience. I have done it a few times, but I don't much like doing it, unless I really love that particular fabric image and just can't find the right size.

How marvelous, Miss Mouse, that Lisa has you for tips and helps. You cannot imagine how happy that you all have made me. I am so eager to get your uploaded creations to start dressing them up for the site update for our Home Portal and to go out to the community. I must confess that I am so proud of our creators, is that a sin? I am really struggling to not be vain about you lovely ladies' talents.

Oh, yes, I meant to tell you that I am planning to do one more before Dec. 25th. Please do Not feel any pressure, please Do have Fun!!!

SantaLaugh006.gif

Skulls on a baby blanket?

I don't have PSP...I only have Microsoft Paint...well, actually on the new computer I don't know what I have yet. :laugh1: It has Skype. Now all I have to do is learn how to use Skype. :undecided:

Oh Goody...Nonni, I found some Christmassy quilts. I am gonna start working on them.   :buzzyBee:

My current project is that Antique Bedroom Set from SimplanX....I don't know if I can finish it in time. It is my biggest project so far, so many recolours that I just HAD to do. :slapLaugh:

Plus I also have to make the bedding that matches that set.

I did decide that the hat box decoration was just going to be too much trouble, so I improvised and made a gold one and a silver one instead of making all the matching patterns I have.

I can't get Lucas's bedding colouring tool to  work on this computer so I have to transfer all those files to the laptop, make the bedding on it and then transfer all the files back to this computer.

I'll try and get this project finished by the end of the week.... :CrossFingers: