• Administrators

I agree you have to upload when the SFS site isn't busy.  I think there are a lot of downloaders too.  Thanks for registering now I can start to put some of your creations on it.  I think I can anyway not sure if there have the option for me to change users.  Sims 4 is the file I have the least of so I started with them.  I did start doing a few Sims 2, but then I've been thinking about putting files on my google drive or my OneDrive.  I pay the $1.95 per month to have the 100 GB, plus the 15 GB I have on Google.  I love how quick things upload.  I just don't have a lot of free time to set it up right now.  I help Brian with his school work and that takes most of my day.  I just really like having a backup system.  And it's free.  I still backup My Desktop, My Documents and My Pictures to my OneDrive as it does a backup every time I change a file in those folders.  I'm still debating all of it.  I would still keep what is on SFS, I just like who some creators give us a choice of where we want to download their files.  Well gotta get back to the school work.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I actually went ahead and renamed my recolours as numbers and it is awesome!

Plus I learned something new with S4S and it's wonderful. It is by far the easiest way to delete unwanted recolours. Since I make way too many, it would be great for those who download my stuff. I'd probably have to make some kind of tutorial so if someone doesn't have S4S, they could download and install it and then use that one section to get rid of recolours they don't want.

• Administrators

I'll get to work on that but it will have to be a picture tutorial because I got the computer store to disable my camera. I even have a piece of paper stuck in front of the camera on my laptop. Funny fact, Mark Zuckerberg has one as well, a piece of paper stuck over top of his camera. I've seen pictures of it. I think I remember reading somewhere that Bill Gates does this too.

• Administrators

I never ever thought I would say this about a dress I found and love----but the layout is unreal. The skirt part is laid out horizontal, but the top part is laid out vertical. What this means for me is that I have to turn 99% of my patterns sideways in order for the pattern to show up correctly in the final product.

Everyone here knows me, I am a typical Virgo. :ROLF: Challenge Accepted! :slapLaugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

My brain :spacecraft: today. It was either abducted or exploded, not sure which, but it's definitely not working the way I want it to. I'm trying to take a picture of an elder, an adult, a teenager, a child and a toddler as a family to show what my recolours of the Chloe dress look like. I can get individual pictures but not a family setting picture. I am trying to figure that one out and it's really frustrating me.

I'm not sure if it's Old-Age Brain or Covid Brain :slapLaugh:

• Administrators

Well, turns out it wasn't old age brain, or covid brain. It was some kind of cold that never fully developed. It just stayed in that foggy brain part where you are the most miserable you can be.

I was very miserable too. :blush:

I have noticed that I don't really get a full cold and I'm not sure why. I kinda believe that since I use a C-PAP machine that it is possible that a cold cannot settle because the air pressure from the C-PAP keeps my airway open. That's probably incredibly stupid, but it fits with since I began using the C-PAP machine.

Now for a question---how do you upload a picture from your cell phone to here? Dave has the most adorable picture of our Jake that I want to share.

• Administrators

I send my phone images to my email then I open my sent emails and copy the photo.  If you have an iphone you can get it from your icloud.  I personally did not like my iphone at all so I have an android again.

I have been feeling the same way lately MM and I think it is in part because I hardly ever leave the house and do not see only Melissa  and Stephanie once a month maybe.  I do go and pickup my groceries at Walmart about once a week   One of the ladies on The View said no one has been getting the regular flu, I think it was Whoppie.  Then she said it might be because of the social distancing and masks.  

Take care everyone, and please be safe.

• Administrators
On 3/6/2021 at 12:42 AM, Rebecah said:

I send my phone images to my email then I open my sent emails and copy the photo

I do the same, all the time :grin:

Looking forward to see that pic of Jake, MM :)

On 3/6/2021 at 12:42 AM, Rebecah said:

One of the ladies on The View said no one has been getting the regular flu, I think it was Whoppie.  Then she said it might be because of the social distancing and masks.  

Never thought of it that way, that makes total sense!

I am in the same situation; I don't even go out to get groceries - my kids do that for me.

• Administrators

This got me to thinking and I honestly cannot remember the last time I left the house. I go out on the back deck, but other than that I don't go anywhere.

The picture of Jake is on Dave's cell phone so I'll get him to put it in an e-mail to me.

I read somewhere that wearing masks is going to last well into 2021 and that there will be some people who wear them from now on. You do all realize that this is really the only time it is acceptable to wear a mask in a bank? :slapLaugh:

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Mission Mouse said:

I read somewhere that wearing masks is going to last well into 2021 and that there will be some people who wear them from now on. You do all realize that this is really the only time it is acceptable to wear a mask in a bank? :slapLaugh:

I never thought about that that is really funny.  

• Administrators

:cheerleader: Dave got me new glasses. They are the blue light filter kind that are especially made for computer use.  They are amazing, I compared them with my old ones and the screen is so much clearer and sharper. I wasn't sure if it would make a difference and I am just amazed at how much of a difference they do make. :penguin03:

I'm so happy for you. I need new glasses but I do not want to go to the optician and try them out right now due to covid so I bought some reading glasses from the store when I bought food online. They work quite well, at least better than the ones I had before.

• Administrators

I forgot to tell you all, these are reading glasses you can buy at a drugstore. I haven't yet made an eye Dr appointment to get the proper ones.  They actually cost all of $25.00

• Administrators

Well that's a real deal MM!  Thanks for clarifying that.  I would have to get my prescription to have those, and I think they are quite expensive.

• Administrators

I got a notification that there is a new windows 10 that I need to download in order to have my old version supported by Microsoft. Has anyone else downloaded it? If so does it mess with the Sims 2 and 4?

I have moved ALL my files to my external hard drive, just in case. I do not want to lose anything important to me again.

I have downloaded it but I need to start up the game to see if something has changed there.

Edit: I have started my game and it works fine. I don't have Sims 2 installed so I don't know how that will work.

• Administrators

I don't have Sims 2 installed either, I just got an update a couple of days ago for Windows 10.  Sims 4 works fine.  I just let the updates install automatically.

I was a new version for me too, not an update. The old version is not supporting whatever it was so I decided to take the chance that it would work and it did. But I only have the Sims 4 game and nothing else on my PC.

• Administrators

I did install the new version.  I hadn't noticed that I had to download it, it didn't install automatically.  Sims does still work for me.  

• Administrators

I tried for 6 hours over the last 2 days to upload a new outfit I had recoloured. Nope. SFS kept giving me a *server 0 code*

I got so frustrated I scrapped that project. I picked entirely new patterns, am going to put less in a package and give it one last try.

On a funny covid update--it's been over 1 year since I have been to a hair cutting salon. Now with this new variant of Covid occuring in my area, the hair salon is still out of the question. My bangs are now slightly below my chin, and the rest of my hair is slightly below my collarbone. I have not had hair this long since I was 7 or 8 and our housekeeper, Mrs. Mills would braid it for me to go to school. I loved her so much. She even handmade outfits for me, that I very proudly wore to school.  I went to visit her years later and she had made me an embroidered tablecloth and was saving it for when I came to visit. Yes, that made me cry. Of all the housekeepers we had, she was the only one who I know who loved me. Mrs. Mills has long since passed and I treasure that tablecloth.

Being taken away from my Aunt Viola, and then the step-witch forcing Mrs. Mills to leave, is it any wonder that I could not form a relationship with any adult women?

I was in my 30's when I met Pauline and we just clicked from the start. Then God led me here and I now have happy and healthy relationships with all of the lovely ladies here. Sometimes I forget how truly blessed I am.